Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observer pro-astronomy planner

Nathan UK

Is there anyone using this ???

ive just bought it earlier and I'm finding it a little confusing ....

mainly due to some settings

Optimum vis threshold,contrast ????? 

I don't even know what that means !

and as for magnitude what mag should I be observing or should I say what am I capable of observing in ,

12x70 bins & 130p? 

Nathan 

I use it occasionally Nathan. I do think it is pretty good and shouldn't use it more often.

Threshold contrast refers to how much contrast between the sky background and object brightness before the app shows the object as being visible. I set it to 20%, which means it shows fewer objects but you have a better chance of seeing them. You can experiment to see what suits you.

Similarly with maximum mag. Make an estimate of the dimmest DSO you can see with your scope or binos on a good moonless night and set it at that.

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

I use it occasionally Nathan. I do think it is pretty good and shouldn't use it more often.

Threshold contrast refers to how much contrast between the sky background and object brightness before the app shows the object as being visible. I set it to 20%, which means it shows fewer objects but you have a better chance of seeing them. You can experiment to see what suits you.

Similarly with maximum mag. Make an estimate of the dimmest DSO you can see with your scope or binos on a good moonless night and set it at that.

Thanks Stu

Archived