Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pickering's Triangle Mono

I present Pickering's (Should be Flemming's) Triangle.

This is a combination of 2 hours HII and 2 hours [NII] as a mono image. I think this is valid as most NB filters pass both wavelengths.

Data was acquired in 10 minute subs with the 130mm f/7 TS Photoline triplet and APM / Riccardi 0.75x reducer working at 683mm, through 3nm Astrodon filters and an SX Trius 694 camera cooled to -30C. The telescope was encoder-guided on the ASA DDM60 mount with 120 point sky-model and local models for each run.

59c7de02b7931_HN4HourCrop.thumb.png.e3eb95f0b0b208554ce41b7a93a37da3.png

I already had 2 hour Sigma-Add stacks that had had gradient reduction (Adaptive Divide) applied to them so it was a simple matter to align and add them in AstroArt 5. The alignment borders were cropped off and another gradient reduction applied. Initial processing was using DDP, then two rounds of careful Histogram Stretch to push the background down a bit while brightening the highlights, with more gradient reduction in between each round.

Archived