sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Celestron eq mount

Hi all,

Need a bit of advice please on the eq mount that came as a bundle package with the astromaster 114 newton scope.

I've polar lined up, balanced up and  locked all down etc. BUT on the part of the mount with the 24hr clock (as pictured) there is a wobble, nothing's loose, just a wobble when viewing.

Is this something I have to learn to live with being a beginner's scope / mount or am I missing something.

Hope the above makes sense being a newbie.

Many thanks

Ian

1506249428670744248267.jpg

I suspct that "have live with it" is the answer. The mount is going to fairly basic and I guess there is little attention taken at the assembly time. Does mean  that you "might" be able to improve it, however that would mean taking it apart, determining how it operates and then reassembling with a bit more care and attention. Half reasonable option if it is not your primary/only mount but not sure otherwise.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By sza85
      Hi!
      Last week I received my Star Adventurer, and I'm learning how to use it. I had no issues aroud 0 - 80mm, but yesterday I was out trying to take pictures with my 200mm Takumar (300mm on my DX body), and I was struggling to point it towards my target (Andromeda). I know where it is, I could see it with my own eyes, yet, I wasn't able to point my lens towards, only after like 40 minutes... :/
      I don't know how others do it, so any advice would be appreciated!
      What I was thinking about:
      1. hot shoe adapter + phone holder + phone / tablet with stellarium, so I would see in the app where my lens pointing (adds weight)
      2. some kind of hot shoe adapter + a reflex sight
      3. some kind of hot shoe adapter + a green laser pointer
      4. a small scope, maybe a finder scope attached to the other end of the declination unit
      5. maybe it's overkill, but is it possible to make the Star Adventurer GoTo somehow?

Thanks in advance!
    • By ahernep
      Hi Guys,
      I'm looking for some help, I'd like to upgrade my DOB to a GOTO/Tracking mount. Primary aims are to no longer have to nudge to keep things in view and perhaps some initial planetary imaging via video capture. My scope is the skywatcher 200p (1200mm/F6). While the weight (10kg/22lbs) is well within what the CEM25 claims to support I wonder is it realistic to stick this scope on it? I will also probably use this with just a camera for some wide field work and also learn the ins and outs of EQ mounts, tracking, maybe auto guiding in the future and eventually buy another scope for dedicated DSO AP. Does this approach seem feasible or am I going the wrong way?

Thanks,
      Peter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.