Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun WL

MilwaukeeLion

Nice captures. I would try stacking fewer frames out of the long series. I typically stack 200-400 frames out of 4000, so I get just the best frames. I do this directly in AS!3 and that seems to get e more detail than stacking more, for WL surface. There are plenty of photons in WL, so you do not need to stack many frames to get photon noise under control.

5 hours ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Nice captures. I would try stacking fewer frames out of the long series. I typically stack 200-400 frames out of 4000, so I get just the best frames. I do this directly in AS!3 and that seems to get e more detail than stacking more, for WL surface. There are plenty of photons in WL, so you do not need to stack many frames to get photon noise under control.

Thanks will give that a go today.  For some reason AS2 won't accept my SharpCap AVI's directly unless I produce a copy from PIPP.  AS2 gives me error message "access violation in module...".    Not sure what that's about.

3 hours ago, MilwaukeeLion said:

Thanks will give that a go today.  For some reason AS2 won't accept my SharpCap AVI's directly unless I produce a copy from PIPP.  AS2 gives me error message "access violation in module...".    Not sure what that's about.

AS!2 can have problems on AVIs larger than 4 GB, AS!3 is 64 bit, and doesn't have that limitation. Otherwise it is the same

Archived