SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi

M33
 taken with the following details

5 hours worth of 5min lights frames taken over several nights. Overcropped and processed?

Processed with darks, flats and bias frames.

I used the 102mm APO ES refractor on a AVX mount. Camera used was a canon 450d (un-mod camera) with a CLS filter. 

Guided with PHD2 and processed with PS. 

I am sure there are many ways to improve this image, but please let me know your expertise :) 

Cheers 

dean

Dean

290mins-dss01-cropped02.thumb.png.223ef5e932735989109011f29d318f8e.png

Looks great. The outer regions of this galaxy are actually quite dim, because we see it face on. The warm weather (I guess it's the same for you as it is up here) adds camera noise, making it more difficult to get good data. So, well done.

More data. It's the single best way to control the noise. But unfortunately, to get appreciable improvement you'll need to double the number of exposures. And with the weather the way it is, that may not be easy. Will this object still be visible for you for the next two months? If so , you could revisit it when the nights are longer and colder. Lower temperature = less noise.

Archived