Narrowband

Nexstar 5SE mount for solar

Flyingpig

I've got a Nexstar SE mount and I've been intending use it for my PST to track the Sun however using the handset I cannot find the sun listed under the Solar System align menu... piggybacking on my large CPC1100 it's listed in the handset menu but it seems to be missing from the menu on the Nexstar 5SE. I was hoping for a more portable solution thus the 5SE mount would be ideal especially as it has a built in EQ wedge for basic imaging... 

Any ideas I'm wondering if its an unlockable feature somewhere or is it available by a handset update? 

I suspect that like Meade the Sun is not a "standard" item so you cannot slew to it in a moment of slight maddness.

On the Meade the work around is to enter the Sun as a custom object.

Give it a name like Sol, the Ra and Dec for the date - it alters daily. Then you set up the scope by whatever means and select Sol from the custom objects.

OK Knighty seems to have a easier option.

RA+Dec Sun

If required.

Archived