SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

sterallium

Ger

I was in the back garden a few times over the last couple of weeks with my wife and kids with a Skywatch and the binoculars and on a few occasions I would see what look like a satellite so I would go to sterallium to see if it picks it up and it would not.

tonight we saw a lovely object / satellite move northwards across the sky and passed polaris, it travelled at a constant speed and had no tail, but I was wondering what it was, is it a satellite and I just need to update my stellarium or am I missing something... any suggestions

I saw something similar while perusing Stellarium and managed to click on it. I don't remember which one it is, but if the dot was sort of orange-ish, it's a telecommunications satellite in low polar orbit. Did you "fast-forward" the time to see if the satellite you saw made a pass?

If you like tracking satellites up there, an excellent stand-alone software-program is PreviSat. It's from France, though it's written in English and includes instructions. And like 99.5% of the software I recommend: It's 100% FREE:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/previsat/

Hope you like it!

Dave

8 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

If you like tracking satellites up there, an excellent stand-alone software-program is PreviSat. It's from France, though it's written in English and includes instructions. And like 99.5% of the software I recommend: It's 100% FREE:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/previsat/

Hope you like it!

Dave

thanks dave

Archived