Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

12v supply to SW HEQ5 pro mount

Hi all, yes a converter is def the way to go , still working great on my box i built years ago when i had problems all been good since   

emyliano2000    196

Last night I managed to have a test run on my battery and I can say it has been a success. I only ran the test for 8 hours as it started to rain at 2am and I had to pack up the toys but the battery had plenty more to give. IMG-20171104-WA0016.thumb.jpeg.96712e585aa928acdbb5bc89b62f26b8.jpeg

When turned on it showed 13.4v with nothing connected. After connecting the mount, autoguider, 2 dew heater bands at full power on the dew controller, hitech focus controller, laptop and usb hub it dropped to 12.7v. After 8 hours of continuous running it dropped to 12.4v which, according to the chart I'm using is 80%.

If the chart is correct, I think I can run the setup for at least 12 hours on a field trip.

• Like 2