SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

baader cc

spillage

What with the weather being the way it is I have no way of physically checking my spacing so I thought I would ask here.

I have the baader cc and matching t2 for the canon. If I fit t2 to the dslr and my baader 2" uv filter into the t2 then the cc into the filter will be spacing be okay or do I need to put the filter on the end of the cc.

Previous image show either tilt of the cc being to close in the old generic t2. So hopefully the baader t2 will help with tilt but not sure if the filter will give it too much distance.

cheers

Spill.

I use a sony E mount camera and a Baader CC and also a Baader 2" pollution filter.  

I have Camera->Adapter->CC->filter.   My assumption was that the CC is an optical piece and the design assumes it is correcting optical abberations to be focused at a certain distance.  The 'companion assumption' is that the filter is geometrically neutral but cuts out some unwanted wavelengths.  Putting the fillter at the end of the chain should make no differerence to the optical geometery.   Putting the filter elsewhere could spoil the geometry and mess things up.

That said, I've only got one filter and one CC so what do I know....     When I first used the corrector, my photos still showed a little radial stretching (imagine a mild version of Star Wars hyperspace...)  I made my own cardboard spacer to keep the CC from screwing all the way in to the T2 adapter (not even 1mm thick) and  see even better correction now.     That's why I don't want to mess much with the Sensor/CC distance

@richyrich_one yes thats the one I have. I have take the filter out and put it back on the end of the cc.

I have posted in anther thread about my findings from this. When the cc had the thin collar on ccd inspector was about 20ish%. When I removed it it then went down to about 16% so it seems I need it to screw in further?? If only I could get a couple have descent nights just enough to run off some shots for testing.

That t2 adapter, I also have one, is designed to have a filter inside it and is thicker than a standard t2 adapter to account for the extra glass. 

If you use it without the internal filter fitted then you will be over spaced.

If I understand correctly, you have a 2" screw on filter. If the glass can be removed and fitted internally then that should get the spacing about right. I had to stop using mine after I found out this somewhat annoying "feature" which was buried in the jargon.

Archived