Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Gratuitous New Telescope Images

Hi All,

It arrived! Many thanks, once again, to FLO for their usual superheroic turn-around on the telescope delivery. Of course I couldn't wait to get the box open and get it set-up; this took about 20 minutes and no problem whatsoever. I've not had much experience with RDFs before, but even this is now adjusted and ready (Although I'll keep one of my finderscopes handy in case). The AZ5 seems sturdy and simple to use - light-weight too and should pack up nice and small for transporting and holidays, which was the whole logic behind going for this slightly smaller system. And the possibilities of mounting future scopes on it are endless - expect a Skymax 127 on there in a few years time when the planets get a bit higher.

IMG_1904.thumb.JPG.1485d4cdf1e2155df8bfbacf49de6d65.JPG

And someone was happy about the nice big box it came in. Although Professor Moriarty prefers observing the dynamics of an asteroid through a CAT-adioptric... Snarf snarf.

IMG_1903.thumb.JPG.b5302186f5ca1ede81e3a12945b68fcb.JPG

First light report to follow when the skies clear (Typically they were perfect last night).

Cheers,

Paul

Cheers all - the forecast at the moment looks like I won't get a chance to use it tonight, but hope springs eternal!

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

A brilliant little setup for travelling. Did the whole lot come in that one box?

Steve

It did indeed - in several boxes within the one box. It all folds up quite neatly too which will help when carting it to far-flung places or even just if it's in the back of the car while we're doing something else for the day.

2 hours ago, Astro Imp said:

What is it with cats a boxes?

Yeah... he won't go in the lovely cat bed we bought him, but provide him with a box and he's as happy as Larry. You should have seen the evils I got when I removed the box though...

Paul

Archived