Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge.thumb.jpg.b7f10f594317507d0f40662231b0d9a8.jpg

Hi

My first serious go at a narrowband image taken over a few nights from my back garden in not-so-darkest North Staffs

Ha: 30 x 300s

OIII: 28 x 150s

R: 22 x 30s

G: 22 x 30s

B: 22 x 30s

(I also took a whole load of L lights but didn't use them in this versions - still feeling my way in to NB imaging)

RGB lights used for star colours only.

Calibration: Bias and flats, no darks (dithering)

Ha used for Luminace and Red channel

OIII used for Blue and Green channels

Equipment list in sig

20170913_NGC6960_Ha_HaOIIIOIII_DBEv3.jpg

Edited by ste7e
  • Like 4

Is it allowed to add a new version - just had a go at reducing cyg 52 a touch...

20170913_NGC6960_Ha_HaOIIIOIII_DBEv3a.jpg

• Like 1

Still not sure if this is allowed in the rules, but I'm posting a newer version.  Just a levels change to bring some of the noise down, really.

20170913_NGC6960_Ha_HaOIIIOIII_DBEv3.jpg

• Like 1

Nicer.  Especially the background sky colour.  But I'm not sure if you've lost some finer detail?

Chris

Thanks, Chris.  You're probably right.  I've pulled back some of the details but not sure if it's acceptable to keep posting changes in this thread. 

Oh well, either I've already broken the rules or it's OK, so maybe one more...

20170913_NGC6960_Ha_HaOIIIOIII_DBEv3b.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice, final version is great! Just edit your first post and add only the finished version. 

4 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Very nice, final version is great! Just edit your first post and add only the finished version. 

Thanks

I would edit my first post but I don't have the option for editing it.  I think there's a limit on how long after the post it can be edited.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.