Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What a Sight

Astro Imp

With all the poor weather we in this part of the UK have suffered of late I was delighted when I woke at just after 5pm this morning. I looked out the window and was met by a lovely thin crescent moon just peaking over the roof tops and to complete the view was Venus about three degrees above. A truly magical moment.

5 minutes ago, Astro Imp said:

With all the poor weather we in this part of the UK have suffered of late I was delighted when I woke at just after 5pm this morning. I looked out the window and was met by a lovely thin crescent moon just peaking over the roof tops and to complete the view was Venus about three degrees above. A truly magical moment.

I too also saw it, and agree it was beautiful. In fact my second patient mentioned it to be this morning, and thought that it was a satellite above it!

i didnt see it, caught a view of the pleiades at about 2pm, and a bit of orion, lots of thin cloud here, glad to see orion , its been a long wet summer, when i see it i know good skys are on the way "fingers crossed" good to hear you had some clear  Alan. charl.

I got in from a trip down from Manchester at about midnight and was astonished at the fabulously clear skies we arrived home to, I was knackered after a 5hr drive so went straight to bed, but there did seem to be an astonishing number of clear stars up there.

That is one of the views that you really love astronomy for, i saw it and my older daughter too, so i just took a quick shots of it, but i didn't look at the photos yet, maybe soon i will check out and post maybe.

Nice to know that what we see here is almost the same what others see the other side, some astronomic events we can't see it here like a full eclipse, but in general we are giftedwith some views from time to time regarding the planets and the sun and the moon, while the stars and DSO are there the whole year in different constellations of seasons.

Archived