Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Wales!

Lister

Hello all! I've decided to have a go at this astronomy thing so I thought I'd sign up and introduce myself. I've just picked up a 'discovery channel' 40mm telescope from Argos and I was wondering, when is the best time of night to see Voyager 1 & 2? 

Just kidding! I've actually just bought a skyliner 200p, picked it up yesterday :grin: I've also got a cheshire, a Seben 2x barlow and a Meade 4000 15mm EP to go with the stock 25mm and 10mm. Of course it was raining when I got it all home last night, but I had a good go with it this evening - loads of fun and clear skies to boot. Wish Jupiter & Saturn were higher but ah well, seems like I'll be waiting till spring to see them?

See you on the forums :icon_biggrin:

Hello yourself. Had me going with the Voyager thing for a second or two. ??

Hope you continue to have fun with the forum and the hobby.

(Your 200p will pick up the lights from the Argos store at any time of night ... ??)

Welcome to SGL - I see you`re a fellow Red Dwarf fan - the crew are back with series XII next month :icon_biggrin:

P.S. A 40mm wide field eyepiece would go very well with your 200P as well ( certainly does with mine - I can see M31 , M32 and M110 all in the same FOV ) I recommend a simple plossl like the Series 500 ep on eBay for around £12 - £16 .

Toodle Pipski as Rimmer would say :hello: 

Welcome to SGL. Good to see you have a sense of humour, always a good trait to have.
 Lots of Welsh folks on the forum, could probably form a few Choirs, nothing , like a Welsh choir in full song.
Enjoy your stay, and let's know how the 8" scope  performs for you, it's a workhorse of the Amateur, and a very capable
telescope.

Welcome from land down under

Had a bit of rain here over the weekend, first we have had since Cyclone Debbie back in March

Now have Jupiter setting early evening, and still able to observe Saturn

Skywatcher 10" Collapse Dob, Skywatcher ED80 on EQ5 mount

Cheers

John

PS How far from Neath are you, as had a penfriend there back in the 1960's?

Archived