Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
I tried stacking multiple times. Tried selecting images that looked similar. Still got this issue where there is a ring around the moon and you can see that the surface details are gone and there are boxes visible. This was my first attempt. I even tried changing the stack percentage to 50 but no success. In another attempt, the image looks washed out instead of being detailed. I am confused. I had taken the photos at the same time. Please tell me where I went wrong and help a beginner out
I was out recently in what felt like the first clear sky in years and got ~109 min of data on M31, minus 76 frames due to a 12mph wind, which left me with 69 min of data (each shot is 45 sec with ISO 200 tracked with skywatcher star adventurer). As mentioned in the title I captured all these images in a bortal 8 location, used an unmodified canon eos 400d and the skywatcher 75ed as the scope (with a flattener). I've attached my edit (warning: it is not great at all + slightly overedited to see what details are even there), and to be my surprise it looked very similar to an image of M31 with only 20 min of data which i captured a month earlier (both of which i used DSS and photoshop for). Now this may well have something to do with the way i edited it in photoshop or a different setting in DSS or just the fact that 49 more data doesnt make much of a difference considering im in a bortal 8 location, maybe you guys could help on that. I've attached the link to the original files (in the folder called 18.2.2021) as well as the stacked image from DSS (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12NT4TmLCXvTfOXNPE_l8UWPRpgO2VjLe?usp=sharing). I didnt capture any flat images but have dark and bias frames, all in their correpsonding folders in the attached link. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could see if there is more data in this then i have managed to 'extract' using photoshop. (If you use different software and try and edit these files please tell me what you used) If there isn't then maybe do you guys have any images of M31 (or similar) from very light polluted skies that you could share here? (If so i would if you could share the full exposure time and gear that would be great)
Hi... Hope this is ok to post here.
I've built an app to create star trail images and videos using an iPad or an iPhone and i'm really struggling to find beta testers.
Check out the photo and video I've added to the post to see what it can do and and click the link if you want to try it out.
https://sites.google.com/view/starstackerforios-beta/home for info.
https://testflight.apple.com/join/7iLGfVDG to get the beta.
It's free to have early access to the beta. I'm just hoping to get a bit of feedback before it releases.
Star Stacker iOS.mp4
I have a huge problem with DSS.
About a week ago, I took 300, 2 second long exposures of Andromeda with my skywatcher 90/900.
But when DSS started scanning the stars in the images, it only registered about 5 stars at 40%. And only 7 stars at 20%. I tried to stack them and selected stack 100% of frames, but it only stacked around 29.
I even tried it at 4% where it registered around 40 stars, but DSS crashed mid process due to the immense amount of stars being scanned (60 000 per image at least).
I tried it sooooo many times, but I don't get it to work. It somehow stacked 131 images I took of the lagune nebula (1 second lang exposure). You couldn't see the actual nebula, but some bright stars were there and DSS was able to stack.
In the Andromeda pics, there were like 5 times more stars, but it didn't work.
If anyone knows what's wrong, pls help me!!! I'm slowly loosing it on that nonsense.
Hi! I'm Fran
Not so long ago I took a picture of the ISS I never thought I was going to be able to get with the equipment I have.
After saving for a long time, I was able to buy my first scope, an OTA Skywatcher 200P. I adapted it to be used in a dobsonian base because it was the cheapest way I had to get it to work.
One night, I thought it might be cool to try to aim and record with my phone an ISS pass overhead. During the first attempt, I messed up the focus extremely bad but you can't imagine how happy I was to get a white blob in a frame that only I knew was the ISS.
The following afternoon I tried again. This time the flyby was almost exactly overhead and the night was crystal clear. So I manually tracked the station looking through the finder scope and recording it with my phone at 1080p 60fps. Without much expectations I downloaded the files into my computer to review them. And was shocked with the results.
The video was processed with PIPP, AutoStakkert and RegiStax.
If someone told me the image was taken with a phone and manually tracked with a shitty dobsonian base I would not believe him! I got really lucky that night, but I can not be happier with the results. I believe I got to the edge of what I can accomplish with the equipment that I was able to buy. I'm not sure if ext step up should be a real camera or a mount. Anyway, any of them are too expensive 😬
If you want to see the frames before processing (and some nice shots of the moon that night), I'll leave a link to the video where I show them:
Thank you so much for reading it all.