Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Last night seemed pretty dark and clear at about 10:30, due to ... A long story, no astro gear was accessable so I rested my HTC10 on the patio table , set it on manual mode 16 seconds at ISO 1600 and captured Cassiopeia, surprised to see (of you look hard enough) the double cluster and a very feint Andromeda.

PSX_20170913_223924.jpg

• Like 6

Pretty surprised what can be achieved with a smartphone.

I love seeing what smartphones can do. 

Having had a real close look and just stretching the contrast, I've convinced myself that you have picked up something of M33 too!

Have a look. What do you think?

PSX_20170913_223924.thumb.jpg.045e57252b3cf7b95a741355ceb819b0.jpg.a875d856fc4d1d410cff20c0a0a35ea3.jpg

• Like 1

Tried out ISO 3200 @ 16 seconds (max the HTC 10 will do) obviously very noisy as it's just a phone but with a bit of stretching and  levels , a saturation boost its picked up the milky way :icon_biggrin:

IMAG0959_2_PerfectlyClear.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, knobby said:

obviously very noisy as it's just a phone

I had a play and reduced some noise.

1IMAG0959_2_PerfectlyClear.jpg.405408a9be63ad31938808fd7f1ea86f.jpg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in