Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

On my way to the IAPY award ceremony

michael.h.f.wilkinson

Up awfully early this morning (5:15 local time). Caught the train to Schiphol Airport. All for a good cause: I am on my way to the Insight Astronomy Photographer of the Year award ceremony in Greenwich this evening. I will then finally know whether my photo "Ghostly Sun"  is a winner. 

Sun_110944_g3_ap1431LRpinvcolour.jpg.3009629712d326b8fddf5c048a75f60a.thumb.jpg.23b5baa2a07e2eb9e3821deb1a2c1df5.jpg

Getting shortlisted already feels like being a winner, of course

4 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

See you there buddy ;) I'll be setting off in about 45min. There should be another SGL'er there too  :) I've got a 3pm check in at the hotel, so I'll probably have to hang around for a bit (hopefully the rain will have knocked off by then!).

29528907563_37af79fa1f_k.jpg

I have already check in to the Premier Inn, I could certainly help kill some time 

I'm just at cannon street waiting for the train to pull off, it's only a couple of stops, so with the walk it will be about three when I get there. 

I'll have to walk rIght past your hotel..lol, but I need something eat as soon as I'm checked in, I've had nothing since 9am and I'm starving now!

18 minutes ago, Uranium235 said:

I'm just at cannon street waiting for the train to pull off, it's only a couple of stops, so with the walk it will be about three when I get there. 

I'll have to walk rIght past your hotel..lol, but I need something eat as soon as I'm checked in, I've had nothing since 9am and I'm starving now!

Just had to get some fish & chips as well. I had been traveling since 5:15 UK time (with some sustenance on the way, but not nearly enough)

Gawd.... I think I've drunk my own weight in alcohol.. hic! Time to soak it up with a big bag of chips :p 

Great night out, nice to be around like minded people  (Michael and Andre), well worth the trip down. All I need to do now is rustle up a few images for next year :) 

9 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Gawd.... I think I've drunk my own weight in alcohol.. hic! Time to soak it up with a big bag of chips :p 

Great night out, nice to be around like minded people  (Michael and Andre), well worth the trip down. All I need to do now is rustle up a few images for next year :) 

I was too busy talking to drink that much. Fortunately, I have a few more nights in London to make up for the shortfall ??☺

Archived