Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

introduction

tony8690

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to pop by and say hello, i have been hovering around these forums for a while reading up on things and learning as much as i can.

I decided that today was the day i sign up and say hello!

I  am a beginner AP and Star gazer. i have taken quite a few photos using my camera (Nikon D5300 Stock lens) and i have (imo) produced some great photos :)

I am heading up to Northumberland at the end of October and have decided to purchase a telescope (Skywatcher Explorer 150P EQ3-2 / EQ-3 PRO GOTO) i know that this isn't the best choice for AP but i don't have a big budget at the moment and seems like this ticks all of my boxes for what i want.

I am very excited to see what photos i can get, any advice would be appreciated (techniques, equipment advice etc). 

A little about me.. i work in IT and have been in this industry for 7 years, currently studying towards Cisco CCNA cert which i am finding quite exciting. i have always loved the starts and i know my way around the sky a little bit but will be learning more as i start to explore more. i have a passion for photography, as i love my camera and i hope to be able to produce some great photos as the weeks/months/years go by. 

I am Married and have a little Westie and we all love to travel around the country doing costal walks and seeing the costal scenery.

Hope to talk with you all soon!

below are 2 photos i have taken using my camera.

http://uploads.im/OdglB.jpg

http://uploads.im/1sSXR.jpg

(when i took the 2 photos above, i forgot to shoot in RAW format so all i had was jpg... learnt my lesson after that, only shoot in RAW now.)

Thanks,

Tony

Hi and welcome from the other side of the Thames.

I have an EQ3 pro and get some fairly good images with a DSLR, I would however recommend the 130 PDS scope which is better than the P for astrophotography as it is designed for it.

The 150P is still a great scope mind you and capable of imaging.

Good luck

Nige.

PS a good thread on SGL for the EQ3 imagers - plenty of information in these pages.

2 hours ago, Nigel G said:

Hi and welcome from the other side of the Thames.

I have an EQ3 pro and get some fairly good images with a DSLR, I would however recommend the 130 PDS scope which is better than the P for astrophotography as it is designed for it.

The 150P is still a great scope mind you and capable of imaging.

Good luck

Nige.

PS a good thread on SGL for the EQ3 imagers - plenty of information in these pages.

Thanks for the link for this, just going through this now and it has given me a lot of hope and inspiration! i can't wait to get my scope now!

Thanks,

Tony

8 hours ago, Red Dwarfer said:

Hi and welcome , 

I only shoot in RAW as well as it's supposed to be a lossless format - though I only do wide field stuff like in your two links which are very good by the way :happy7:

Thank you :)

Before coming to this forum i never really heard about stacking or anything so those pictures are just simple 1x 15 second exposures and then used lightroom to bring out a bit more light.

I have already learnt a lot from going through some of the posts here!

Can't wait to get my scope!

Tony

Archived