SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Finally Time to Say Hi!

Azbec

Greetings all! I've been lurking on SGL for over two years. Thought I should finally break my radio silence.

I'm Azbec - a Software Support Engineer & Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman who has been involved in this wonderful hobby for nearly three years.

I have a profound hatred of LED streetlamps, especially since the council decided to install one outside of my house.

I have a great love for planetary nebulae since first spotting M27 in my first scope: a cheap 70mm SW frac.

Since then, I have upgraded to a 4" GOTO Refractor, and plan on further upgrading to a 10" Dob prior to SGLSP 2017.

I look forward to meeting some of you there!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Nigel G said:

Hi and welcome from the otherside of the Thames.

I am a sailor and lifeboat supporter ( River Crouch ) visit Whitstable often as Mother in law's house is there.

Hope the only time I see you at sea is to assist :) 

Nige.

Let's hope so, Nige! We often pick up radio comms between Burnham Lifeboat and Dover CG from our station.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words of welcome!

Thanks for the further welcomes, everyone. Just ordered my new scope (went for the skyliner 200p in the end), looking forward to putting it to good use at the SP (must remember my copy of TLaO) and hopefully before. Apologies in advance for summoning the clouds!

Archived