Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

kev100

Cheshire collimator (price reduced)

Couple of collimator devices no longer needed:

Cheshire EP (long type): £12 inc UK P&P

Laser collimator: £8 inc UK P&P SOLD

Kev

Laser.jpg

Cheshire.jpg

Edited by kev100
Prices reduced / item sold

Bump. Dropped the prices on these. Would like them to sell.

I'd like the Cheshire if available.

I'm US, State of Arizona & PayPal - I'll cover fees and extra handling/post of course.

Sometimes it's just nice to get things with different postage stamps on.

I understand if it's a bother =)

Jim

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Corpze
      Hi, I have just recieved the last item which was on back order for a couple of months from USA. I already had the Infinity Eyepiece but was waiting for the BlackCat.
      Everything was ordered from FLO and i was very happy with their service.

Instead of writing an essay, i made a video of how I use the tools and how they look, but in short - Theese tools are FAR superior to the Howie glatter, even with the Tublug.

/Daniel

• By Corpze
      So, I have been testing three different kind of lasers, each one is supposed to be the "best" in each category or what you want to call it, the hotech and HG is almost the same, but whit the difference in how you lock it down.
      The Catseye is very different in how it works.

I made a Youtube video of my thoughts

https://youtu.be/ERF33hNVieQ

What do you think? which one do you use?

Regards, Daniel

• By Corpze
      Hi, I am trying to collimate my astrpgraph, a TS N-AG10 with a Hotech 2" self centering laser and I am having some questions of the clamping procedure.
      Each time i am trying to tighten the collar so that the laser would tighten up in the focuser, the laser dot is quite far off the earlier spot the laser hit.

I have sience bought a Howie Glatter 2" laser, when i adjust the secondary so that the laser dot hit exactly in the center of the primary dot and change laser to the hotech, the laser dot is about 4-5mm off, if I release the Hotech laser and re-tighten it, the dot will hit somewhere else.

I can not just trust the hotech laser - has anyone else experienced the same thing?

*Both of the lasers is collimated itself at 5 meters distance with the dots not moving at all.

/Daniel
    • By Geordie mc
      LaserColli mkiii in good condition. Makes keeping your Newtonian scope aligned very easy. Comes still boxed. Only selling as I’m selling my scope and won’t need it. It takes 3 small button cell hearing aid type batteries. The existing ones are flat so you’ll need new ones. Some very small marks on the barrel as seen in picture which make no difference to its operation. I don’t have the instructions but I’m sure they will be online somewhere. If I find them I’ll include. I think these units go for around £85-£90 new. Happy to take £55 inc. postage from France. PayPal only please.

• By sonnymoon
      It's an ED80 with the stock focuser. I think there is some astigmatism somewhere as my stars can be a little stretched and so I want to see if I can use a collimating laser to check if the focuser is in straight. (I'm also going to make a determined effort to get the spacing right between the FF//FR and the sensor, but that's another story). I can't see any threads that get into the detail of lining up the focuser with a laser. 
      If I put the laser in with the target bit facing up, then the red dot that bounces back off of the lens is slightly off centre on the target on the collimator. If I loosen the screws, turn through 90deg, retighten and look again, then the red dot is in a different place and so on all the way through 360 deg. I'm thinking that the red dot should be central (as when collimating a Dob that I used to have). Is that right?
      It may be that the laser needs collimating, but I'm not sure how to do that.
      Any advice on whether this approach is going to get me anywhere would be appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.