Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope repaint

About six months ago I've decided on repainting my telescope from the sky watcher blue to Candy apple red, today I'll got round to put it in white primer , 150 refractors always look good in classic white , a hard decision on the final outcome ,all the fittings are black, do I go crazy and cover with a net and give a outrageous pattern design. What would your thoughts be.

Only because I considered the Candy paints many years ago - forget what for - but shouldn't they have an undercoat or layer of brilliant silver? The Candy ones are transparent ot translucent if I recall.

How are you going to apply it, air brush and about 8 coats ? :icon_biggrin:

I did exactly the same to the heads on a couple of my golf (metal) woods a number of years ago and it always drew comments from people.  

I'll really look forward to seeing this as I've not seen this done before, so will be great.  I guess if it is the same as golf clubs, the limiting factor is what you can physically fit on it?

Red and black I think would look good, or perhaps gold with white accents, like a negative of a WO OTA.

8 minutes ago, ronin said:

Only because I considered the Candy paints many years ago - forget what for - but shouldn't they have an undercoat or layer of brilliant silver? The Candy ones are transparent ot translucent if I recall.

How are you going to apply it, air brush and about 8 coats ? :icon_biggrin:

White undercoat the best way to start , yes I have to chance the base colour for what go on top and clear coat to seal it all in, yes I do have a air brush so I may do something like the SGL logo on the lens hood.

Archived