Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar.jpg

Starlight 1    648

About six months ago I've decided on repainting my telescope from the sky watcher blue to Candy apple red, today I'll got round to put it in white primer , 150 refractors always look good in classic white , a hard decision on the final outcome ,all the fittings are black, do I go crazy and cover with a net and give a outrageous pattern design. What would your thoughts be.

Peter Drew    5,122

Ive just repainted a 6" refractor from black to white. I think red would look great with a red and black finish.   :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

Grant    1,057

Looking forward to seeing pictures - I think it's great to see people personalise their scopes :)

ronin    3,670

Only because I considered the Candy paints many years ago - forget what for - but shouldn't they have an undercoat or layer of brilliant silver? The Candy ones are transparent ot translucent if I recall.

How are you going to apply it, air brush and about 8 coats ? :icon_biggrin:

RayD    1,083

I did exactly the same to the heads on a couple of my golf (metal) woods a number of years ago and it always drew comments from people.  

I'll really look forward to seeing this as I've not seen this done before, so will be great.  I guess if it is the same as golf clubs, the limiting factor is what you can physically fit on it?

Red and black I think would look good, or perhaps gold with white accents, like a negative of a WO OTA.

Starlight 1    648
8 minutes ago, ronin said:

Only because I considered the Candy paints many years ago - forget what for - but shouldn't they have an undercoat or layer of brilliant silver? The Candy ones are transparent ot translucent if I recall.

How are you going to apply it, air brush and about 8 coats ? :icon_biggrin:

White undercoat the best way to start , yes I have to chance the base colour for what go on top and clear coat to seal it all in, yes I do have a air brush so I may do something like the SGL logo on the lens hood.

I cheated and covered an old push pull frac in dual tone carbon fiber purple/bronze wrap.   Also did the SW Evo 90 to match

purple.JPG

Edited by Frank the Troll
  • Like 1

Starlight 1    648

Look the colours on your scope.  So  its down to the next colour, silver it be in the red , black  for Chameleon paints.?

RayD    1,083

If that is your garage, it is absurdly empty and tidy.  Get some STUFF in there, it's not a real garage unless it is full to the roof joists (in fact they are valid storage areas too) with general stuff 😁

Starlight 1    648

I just send a pm to ask how this look by putting names round it. so can I have a yes or no .

IMG_3876.JPG

Edited by Starlight 1