Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

IamAdam

Hello from Hungary

Hello Adam and welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy your time with us,

see you around the forums.

Clear Sky's.

A bit late but here goes:

Greeting, Adam, and a welcome to SGL - it's great to have you aboard!

Questions & Answers are encouraged and always feel free to jump in anywhere.

Starry Skies -

Dave

Welcome to the SGL family Adam.

Don't just sit reading away, join in. ask questions, pass comment, there is no such thing as a silly question.

On 2017. 09. 16. at 15:37, Ben the Ignorant said:

Hi!

What kind of observing site and gear do you have?

Hey!
I have a small refracting telescope but I'm saving for a 250/1200 SkyWatcher Newtonian. I'd like to use it for visual observing and for astrophotography as well. I've never taken astro photos so I'm very excited to start. :happy11:

Welcome Adam, get some advice before you make that purchase, as there are some specifics you need if you want to do astrophotography.

Carole 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, carastro said:

Welcome Adam, get some advice before you make that purchase, as there are some specifics you need if you want to do astrophotography.

Carole 

Hi Carole!

Thanks for the advice! Yes, I've already gathered some information and this equipment seems to be a great choice so far... But sure I'll think before buying it.
What is your opinion? I'd like to have a telescope that lets me do visual observing plus the possibility to do astrophotography. I already know that a fair mount/mechanics is essential.

Probably a Newtonian such as a PDS version which is adapted to make focussing possible.  This will also serve for observing as well.  As you say mounted on a sturdy equatorial mount capable of guiding.   The choice of model will depend of which scope you decide to buy.   When learning lower power smaller scopes are less demanding for imaging.   Probably a skywatcher 130pds would fit the bill  

See what others think. 

Carole

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carastro said:

Probably a Newtonian such as a PDS version which is adapted to make focussing possible.  This will also serve for observing as well.  As you say mounted on a sturdy equatorial mount capable of guiding.   The choice of model will depend of which scope you decide to buy.   When learning lower power smaller scopes are less demanding for imaging.   Probably a skywatcher 130pds would fit the bill  

See what others think. 

Carole

Thanks a lot, Carole!

Adam