Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Using ASPS and APT together

almcl

Started using All Sky Plate Solver recently (thanks to Steppenwolf for the heads-up on that) and it's working really well.

Discovered its compatibility with Astro Photography Tool (which I've also recently started with).

Finding both very good but having difficulty getting my head round the multiplicity of functions they can perform together and wondering if the community has any thoughts to share on how to achieve the following.

I want to use a sub from a previous night, already solved, and get the Pointcraft or GoTo function in APT to position the scope back on the target, in a similar position to the earlier sub.  
Pretty sure this ought to be simple and possibly automatic, but somehow, when at the scope, in the dark, I can't find the right buttons to click in Pointcraft or get confused by GoTo and GoTo++ or find the scope repositions itself to somewhere entirely different.

If someone has a foolproof check list, that would be fantastic but any pointers would be welcome.

Should be fairly easy. Load your image using the img tab. Go to gear and connect scope then click pointcraft. From there go to the object list at the top and choose your target from the list then click solve. Once solved at the bottom click <<solved to enter the solved co-ordinates and then click goto++ and that should then get you on the right spot. (if my memory serves me right)

Spill.

Archived