Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Phase 2

jetstream

Well I'm still working on my obsy, the heavy rains and my fire pump settled the "helipad". Now I need to hose down the obsy spot again- maybe 100,000 gallons of water with my fire pump to settle things in as I leveled it off again. The local, natural sand and uncrushed gravel make a nice platform. This coming spring will bring another 100 odd Pine and Spruce saplings to plant.

ivyamarawallhelipad 027.JPG

ivyamarawallhelipad 029.JPG

ivyamarawallhelipad 033.JPG

Good to see an update on the platform formation Gerry, It would be interesting if you could include a picture of the fire pump, which of course will be standard in your location. Where on your plot are you planning on planting the next phase of saplings?    

7 hours ago, scarp15 said:

Good to see an update on the platform formation Gerry, It would be interesting if you could include a picture of the fire pump, which of course will be standard in your location. Where on your plot are you planning on planting the next phase of saplings?    

Hi Iain, I'm continuing the planting and will focus on the lake point first this coming year. A flood loosened many tree roots and over the course of 3 years the wind has damaged some trees where they died, mostly Balsam thankfully. Many years ago a tornado went by here and twisted around 10 Pines off which was a shame. I marked and counted all the White Pines and will plant many Reds down here coming up, I did 20 or so this year here, and a few Spruce.

These little Honda high pressure pumps may look dimunitive but 400 feet out and up 50 ft it still throws around 70ft out of the fire nozzle. Using a short 100ft hose at lake level this pump is unbelievable for its size. I find the 1.5" hose to be perfect with this pump.

treespump 007.JPG

treespump 011.JPG

treespump 004.JPG

Archived