SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galloway Spring Gathering 2018

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the forecasts... not so good,  work is manic at the moment so no point stressing out and leaving it to sit and watch rain, still hopeful for maybe a Friday and Saturday night .. keep some of the gold stuff...and Keep up the excellent reports Adrian and Andy K... :icon_biggrin:

15 minutes ago, Astroblagger said:

How’s the weather looking for fri night sat night? Just trying to decide what gear to bring if the weather isn’t going to be as good.  Cheers. 

From my (very good) experience last spring, a bottle of whisky :)  ;) 

2 hours ago, James said:

From my (very good) experience last spring, a bottle of whisky :)  ;) 

A true star gazer  if ever there was. Cheers that man ?????. 

Of course non of us could condone this, err hic hic.

On 21/03/2018 at 08:48, mapstar said:

The field has filled up since the last shot. I'd say around 15 upto now but more joining us tomorrow. 

Well, I was supposed to come yesterday but life got in the way unfortunately.  Just about to set off now.  Should be there in 3hrs

46 minutes ago, TheMightyKong said:

Well, I was supposed to come yesterday but life got in the way unfortunately.  Just about to set off now.  Should be there in 3hrs

Good job, look forward to meeting you. I arrived about 1400. All set up and having a refreshing tipple ?

Campsite is very quiet without Derren, also made putting my tent up an awful lot easier ?

So I was delayed and didn’t quite manage to set off when I posted above.  I’ve just stopped on the a69 near Carlisle.  Looks like I won’t get there till after nightfall so I think I’ll just call it and come down tomorrow.  Looks like it’s raining tonight and anyway even if it wasn’t I don’t think my car headlights will be the best way to announce my arrival ?.  On the plus side I’ve stocked up Jaffa cakes and whisky as I understand that’s the price of admission :-)

Morning all

We certainly had a bit of rain last night but the tent took it all in its stride and it seems to be a lot calmer today.

I'm just sat with a cuppa to rehydrate myself after the usual inclement weather past time of tasting a few malts during the evening. We finally turned in at 2am.

10 hours ago, ASTROSTUART said:

Count me out, nothing going right, and not worth the migration trek for a single night, see you in the Autumn. Thats all folks!

Shame to hear you'll not make it Stuart see you and the rest of the regulars in Autumn. 

Hi James,

A big Thank You to yourself and Steve for getting the life saving cable to me... now on the mount  and it rained 3 hours later!

Some campers have air-cushioning under their tent  (with the wind ) but I now have water-cushioning under mine, luckily none has entered the tent so far!

Incidentally, looking through your website I cannot find where you are selling fine weather and clear skies?

All the best from a very windy and wet Scotland.

Thanks

Adrian

2 hours ago, Adrian Condon said:

Hi James,

A big Thank You to yourself and Steve for getting the life saving cable to me... now on the mount  and it rained 3 hours later!

We aim to please... oh, hang on... :( :clouds2:

2 hours ago, Adrian Condon said:

Incidentally, looking through your website I cannot find where you are selling fine weather and clear skies?

That's very much a work in progress I'm afraid... when we've sussed that it'll be trialled first in Devon ;)

Hope you folks all get some clear skies!

James

6 hours ago, wackyscot said:

Where are all the pictures ??? LOL - looks like you're having a ball down there :) Looks good for Sunday guys

Well here is a 1 min guiding  test shot of M45 from Tuesday 20th at 21:21 unfortunately EQDIR locked up and I gave up as the sky was not promising.

Andy

6 hours ago, wackyscot said:

Q07A0451_1024x768.jpg

Good SP so far, although limited gazing done apart from a bit of Ha solar this afternoon.

The site is certainly quieter without  Derren, he is sorely missed, not so fussed about the Derek bloke ?

looks like we may get a good night tonight. Failed to get Mercury earlier

Archived