Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_inspirational_skies.thumb.jpg.a20cdbfeadc049807f6d78e6c00ee900.jpg

Demon Barber

Galloway Spring Gathering 2018

And thank you guys for helping me set my tent up, and Dai for lending me the tent pegs as I seemed to have lost most of mine!  I’ve left the spare pegs with Adrian, as you’d left before I did.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheMightyKong said:

Hi Ian, it was good to meet you.  The long drive on sunday was horrific.  Got back after midnight.. absolutely shattered today.   Was very pleased with the lunar views, Saw Jupiter Saturn and mars before dawn, but views seemed a bit mushy by then.  I wish I had the chance to look at some deep sky through your big dob @mapstar.  

Was really nice to meet you all, despite only having a few hours looking at stars it was fun and one of the most friendly star parties I’d been to.  Hope everyone made it home ok by now.

You too Rishi (hope thats spelt right) and glad you finished the drive safe and sound.

Got a view of Jupiter myself and came to the same conclusion. Moon was a very nice view through your scope and I could appreciate the contrast it offered and glad first light went well.  

Don't worry about the deep sky views there's always autumn and some of the best objects about :thumbright:

Hello All

We hope you all had a safe trip home Guys?

Thank you all for your company, we both enjoyed meeting up with you all for another great GSP event at Drumroamin.

Thanks to Mike, Lesley and the rest of you folk who arranged this Spring 2018 event, also to Damian and Dai who showed us some great views through their Dobs. I will never forget the views of M13 amongst other many other objects through those big telescopes! Thank you to Adrian too for running us to and fro from the Wigton hide and various other trips out....

We arrived home this morning just before 6am and we have unloaded the van, had lunch and now back at being retired 

Looking forward to meeting up again in the Autumn!

Best regards,

Christina and Hadyn - Isle of Man

• Like 3

Gald to hear to both arrived home safely. Yes, it was good to meet up again and especial thanks to Christina for the lovely cakes yummmmm!

• Like 1

My first visit to Galloway SP and many thanks to everyone who made me welcome - Mike, Richard, Damian and Ian to name a few. I could only attend on Sat and Sun but had great views both nights; Sunday was the best by far with clear skies from 2000hrs through to sunrise and was very cold / frosty.

Mercury and Venus looked superb during the sunset followed by Saturn, Mars and Jupiter a few hours later - brilliant to see them all in a row.

I will definitely go back to Dunroamin as I've been assured that the weather is always dry and sunny.

Astrocamp is the next SP for me so I might see some of you there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Mark,

Glad you enjoyed your time at Galloway. Sunday nights seem to have a reputation as being the best skies, can’t say so myself as I always have to leave on the Sunday 🙄

Hope you can make the autumn SP, see you there.

Great that you enjoyed it Mark. Was a good one, and really glad you enjoyed it. 

Hello all, just a post to say thank you to everyone who made the trip over the border to make a successful Galloway Spring Gathering,the weather was it`s fickle  self but we enjoyed some very clear skies.

Once again Lesley and Ralph did us proud and so a big thank you is in order,and a big thank you to all that helped make my job easier,you know who you are.

It was nice to meet some new attendees and to catch up with the regulars,and there was some nice kit to admire.

Already looking forward to the Autumn bash, once again a big thank you.

Regards

Mike

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2