Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher star discovery mount

Need a bit of advise! I'm new to Skywatcher mounts always had celestron or Meade. I've just got the star discovery mount and all looks great and appears to work well (not star tested it yet).

just a quick question, on maximum slew number 9 it's a consistent noise clockwise, but sounds a bit up and down in noise anti clockwise.

any other slew number down from 9 sound smooth in both directions. 

Is that normal?

12 minutes ago, Nigel G said:

That doesn't happen with mine, smooth on all speed rates all directions 

Nige.

Mine rotates super smoothly no judder at all it's just the noise changes in pitch up and down if that makes sense in one direction but not the other

10 hours ago, steve_bham said:

Mine rotates super smoothly no judder at all it's just the noise changes in pitch up and down if that makes sense in one direction but not the other

Sure :) 

I just tried mine on rate 9, all directions, the sound is smooth no pitch change.

Are you using an external battery pack, mains supply or internal AAA's ?

Nige.

10 minutes ago, Nigel G said:

Sure :) 

I just tried mine on rate 9, all directions, the sound is smooth no pitch change.

Are you using an external battery pack, mains supply or internal AAA's ?

Nige.

External batterpack. I've uploaded a video so you can hear the sound difference, what do you think?

Hmm, sounds like a sticky spot or a motor with a minor issue, If it only does it on rate 9 I don't think I would worry to much.

Does it happen when aligning ?

It's under guarantee still, maybe contact SW or the supplier for advice.

Nige.

1 minute ago, Nigel G said:

Hmm, sounds like a sticky spot or a motor with a minor issue, If it only does it on rate 9 I don't think I would worry to much.

Does it happen when aligning ?

It's under guarantee still, maybe contact SW or the supplier for advice.

Nige.

Not star tested it yet, but sounds perfect from speed 8 downwards

jusst gave mine a go and sounds fine! fraid nothing like the horrible grinding sound that you seem to be getting! I would send it back and ask  tehm to look at it-sounds like a isue with the gears-strange that it is only on that speed that it sounds bad though

13 minutes ago, popeye85 said:

jusst gave mine a go and sounds fine! fraid nothing like the horrible grinding sound that you seem to be getting! I would send it back and ask  tehm to look at it-sounds like a isue with the gears-strange that it is only on that speed that it sounds bad though

Yeh it's a bit of a strange one! I've dropped FLO an email, I'm sure they will sort it. 

8 minutes ago, steve_bham said:

Yeh it's a bit of a strange one! I've dropped FLO an email, I'm sure they will sort it. 

Hi Steve, I just saw your email. We'll respond when we reopen Monday to arrange collection/replacement. Please don't let it spoil your weekend :smile: 

HTH, 

Steve 

22 minutes ago, FLO said:

Hi Steve, I just saw your email. We'll respond when we reopen Monday to arrange collection/replacement. Please don't let it spoil your weekend :smile: 

HTH, 

Steve 

Hi Steve,

thanks for response and your help, fingers crossed for clear skies ? 

Just a quick update FLO picked up the mount in the week and delivered a new mount today.

unpacked it set it all up powered up and I get the error message " both axis no response!" Can't move the scope in any direction.

To say I'm disappointed and annoyed is an understatement, anyone else had this ever message?

30 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

That's a shame. I think I'd be contacting FLO may find you get another swap out mount.

Link skip to the last post. Only as a read I'd still contact FLO.

What version is on the handset, curious?

Spoke to FLO and they are going to get it replaced, third time lucky I hope! The firmware is 04.37.03

Archived