Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

ejwwest

Baily's Beads sequence from Great American Eclipse

Here's a sequence of 10 shots showing the development of Baily's beads at second contact over a 4 second period during the 21st August Total Eclipse. Taken at the Menan Buttes, Idaho with a Canon 70D, Canon 100-400mm Mk2 lens and 1.4x extender. ISO 200, f/8.

36246089004_844f4d1345_k.jpgBaily's Beads from start to finish by James West, on Flickr

Edited by ejwwest
Chnge BBCOde
  • Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hughsie
      Appreciate there are a lot of Lunar eclipse images out there.
      After the eclipse I wanted to put together a composite image (if that’s the term) as I have never done that before. Any way, I’ve thrown this together. 
      Thank you for viewing

• By Owmuchonomy
      We had gorgeous skies here from 3:30 am so I watched the whole thing.  I took a few colour snaps with my Canon DSLR through the ED80 and here are a couple untouched.  Marvellous experience.
      4:42 am

5:13am

• By astrosathya
      Totality of the Longest duration total lunar eclipse of the century. While this is just one image, given that Bangalore was completely clouded out, or rather, my location was completely clouded out, I had previously planned to put the mount and scope on tracking, so that even if there was a break in the clouds for a few seconds, I should be able to capture the moment. The shot below was taken through hazy conditions, but given that the conditions were such, I am happy with the outcome. The next eclipse is due to occur on 21st  Jan 2019(?). I shall be better prepared. 
      Scope: Orion 80ED with Orion Field Flattener
      Mount: Sky-Watcher HEQ5 PRO
      Exposure: o.5s
      ISO: 6400
      Camera: Canon 550D

• By Lorstin
      Hello everyone, here is my first attempt at shooting the moon. Taken on 31-01-18 near Melbourne Aust using a Canon EOS1300D attached to an old Saxon 100x400 refractor. I was quite surprised to see a few stars had also been captured. The only editing done was to use a blue filter to get rid of some chromatic abberation.

• By Marmot
      Hello,
      I am new to Registax 6.  Tried stacking lunar eclipse photos (used JPG images, could not get right exposure with video).  Used stock settings and reduced points to only 40.  I keep getting ghost images after stacking.

What can I do to eliminate this?
      Thank You,
      Michal

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.