Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problem installing Starsense

Hi Guys, I have a Celestron CGEM 9.25 and have installed a Starsense camera with HC.  I have the Starsense HC plugged into the HC port on the mount, have the a SkyPortal Wi-Fi plugged into Aux1 port and the Starsense camera plugged into Aux2 port. I have reversed the ports, etc. I have checked the connection several times and it all appears to be good and correct.

When the system is turned on the Starsense HC gives the error message: "The telescope model could not be read and initialization cannot proceed. Check connection of the camera and hand control and power-cycle telescope."

When I than push "enter" on the HC it displays the next error message: "The Starsense camera could not be readied for use and may require a reset. Check the connection to the Starsense camera and cycle power to the telescope to try again."

I have rebooted the system several times, have check all cable, etc. 

Has anyone encountered a similar problems or any suggestion of how to fix it?

Sorry to hear of your troubles..it amazes me that you buy a new price of equipment..take it home fix it together and try to absorb the setup..then it don't work ..phone the shop up and he say you might need to update the firmware.. oh and you need this cable..so more hunting around like a madman...

Come on celestron..and shops..get a grip!

• 2 months later...

Archived