Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Astro_king

COMPLETED - ***SOLD*** Skywatcher 200p Dobsonian Telescope £99 only!

Skywatcher 200p dobsonian telescope along with base.

The telescope comes with 25mm plossl only (not in picture)

It has been kept in good condition though the primary has caught some dust over time that could do with a bit of cleaning.

The tube has some marks when it was loaded onto Heq5 for Astro imaging. If you want I can sell the dovetail and rings for that purpose along with the telescope at additional £49 if you wish to mount it on EQ platform.

Also included is a degree circle manually erected (some numbers need re-writting over) at the bottom to help you find objects based on alt/az using your phone which makes it a manual goto.

Price: £1̶6̶9̶ now £99

Reason for price drop: I have removed the finderscope and fitted it into my C8 as I have an adapter for guide camera so this is now listed without a finderscope at below bargain price for a quick sale!

Collection from Manchester only.

Skywatchers-200p-Dobsonian.jpg

Skywatchers-200p-Dobsonian-7a726bd6.jpg

Skywatchers-200p-Dobsonian-41dff404.jpg

Edited by Astro_king
Sold
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Astro_king said:

The finderscope 9x50 was used as a guide scope but has been restored for visual use but I couldn't get it to focus properly when it was clear last time though you could make up the blurry stars which is all the finder scope is needed for

Focus can normally be sharpened by use of the focuser ring ( hopefully your aware of this adjustment on the finder scope)  if you do, then apologies for the comment.

If you plan on separately selling the ring/dovetail for this 200p, I am interested. Thanks (ps PM you)

Silly question. I think youbposted on my post the other day. 

Is this scope a quick scope? How do you track targets with it? Does it have adjustments etc?

41 minutes ago, Mattwaters said:

Is this scope a quick scope? How do you track targets with it? Does it have adjustments etc?

It's an f6 scope, so it's not considered too fast (fast seems to be ~f5 or lower).  1200mm focal length/200mm primary mirror gives a focal ratio of 6 :-)

You track targets by manually moving the scope whilst looking through the eyepiece.  It becomes second nature after a short time using the scope.

Hth.

13 hours ago, Charic said:

Focus can normally be sharpened by use of the focuser ring ( hopefully your aware of this adjustment on the finder scope)  if you do, then apologies for the comment.

Thanks for pointing out.

The focus ring should be in my astronomy all things box. I haven't used it in years so that's why when I couldn't focus properly I was wondering why. I took the ring out for guiding using a QHY5-II camera. 

I am going to look for it and update the ad.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Mattwaters said:

As already replied by BeerMe. You look for objects manually with this mount.

However, What I have built is a manual Goto. There are degree angles listed at the bottom base. Some degrees simply need rewriting using a marker but the hardwork has been done for you.

All you do is find a visible star/planet/moon and find their azimuth using any astronomy app like sky safari etc and then adjust the base with the right degree. Once your azimuth is sorted you simply need to sort the altitude out.

I normally just use my phone which I would stick on the telescope using a phone handler using blu tack (taken out of those car phone jakcs that connect your phone to your windscreen).

Simply load a degree app on it that tells you how high the angle for altitude is on your phone and since your phone is sticking to your telescope's OTA, the angle it shows is the angle of the telescope.

now use ANY app that tells you the alt/az of any object and simply move the base to the az angle and the alt to the degree your phone shows and voila, the object shows up in your eyepiece!

The base doesn't even need to be level as the Field of view is big enough on the eye piece.

Hope that helps :)

Hi,

My C8 just arrived and I have now moved the 9x50 finder scope onto the C8 as I already had the adapter for guide camera.

This scope now comes with no star finder but I have decided to reduce the price to £99 instead so you can choose to buy a red dot finder/finderscope or laser pointer at will and the overall cost to you will still be cheaper :)

The tube rings that were on sale along with it are now sold.

Thanks.

Edited by Astro_king