SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Synscan App - function list ?

MikeODay

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/09/2017 at 01:35, MikeODay said:

Does anyone have a link to a user manual for the new Synscan App?

I currently use the hand controller to set up my scope and then use SkySafari to control it via a SkyFi module.  If I can replace the hand controller with the new wifi module and App then I can setup and control the mount while sitting inside my roll-away shed.  Before I order the new Skywatcher wifi module, I want to find out to what extent the app is a full implementation/emulation of the hand controller.  

In particular, from the screen shots and the greyed out buttons on the app, I cannot tell if it is missing any of the functions I use on the hand controller.  Some of the important ones I need are:

- Park to custom position
- Auto Home ( including calibration )
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement
- Periodic Error Correction

Does anyone with the App know if it is a full implementation of the hand controller?

Cheers

Mike

Hi, the manual is renowned to be poor, you can however download the app and go through menus without connecting to a wifi module

I find the database limited and cannot get it to work with SkySafari natively to get a better database. 

I have to use a SkyFi connected to a v3 handset and an iPhone with the app and this works without a problem. Same cannot be said of the same setup with my Android phone though. 

Ade

Archived