Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello there!

inaminit

Hello from SE Ohio, USA. Joined a few days ago when I was looking for info on Stellarium, and using it to connect to my Celestron Stargazer 6se. I'm a retired power plant operator who got re-bitten by the astronomy bug recently over the August eclipse. I've owned several telescopes over the years and loved astronomy since the sixties. Never really made a lot of time for it with that nine to five tied around my neck, but now I've got a lot of time for it. I started into photography in the nineties, and when Mars made it's close approach in the early aughts I tried a little astrophotography with a borrowed homemade ten inch reflector and some hastily purchased hardware. Bad results, very bad. But I went to the total eclipse with a little more practice and got some ok results, though a bit over exposed, mostly. Lessons learned, and I've been getting lots of good info from you guys. Thanks for the time you put in, it's much appreciated by this newb.

Welcome from land down under

Had the eclipse here  in 2013. Was only 80% where I was on the Goldcoast, while further north, up around Cairns had 100%, and lot of our club members went up there

Couple of our members also went over your way for the eclipse on the 19th August

John

Archived