Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

DiamondSmiles

Astrofest 2018

5 minutes ago, Helen said:

Sorted :hello:

Can we change it back to how it was please? :p

Edited by souls33k3r

It'll only be there until after Astrofest, so people know who to avoid :evil4:. Afterwards I'll change it to something less horrific.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Thanks Helen, now everyone can see my ugly mug :evil4::D.

Where did I mess up? I think it was in re-sizing it?

I'm not sure Dave!  When I opened it up the whole picture was there so I just downloaded it and reloaded :smile:

Helen

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Can we change it back to how it was please? :p

Be careful what you wish for.... now I've found I have power over avatars :evil4:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Helen said:

Be careful what you wish for.... now I've found I have power over avatars :evil4:

Please have mercy on this little monkey ... i've gone bananas 

• Like 1

Maybe SGL should have a stand at Astrofest? Raise our profile even higher, and get more members. Also somewhere for us to hang out during the show.

\ tongue-in-cheek\

2 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

hahahaha no need to be sorry @Helen, it was all good fun :D i had a good laugh out of it :D

:hippy2:

Allan Chapman = the Ken Dodd of the astro world!

Think poor Lucie needed one of them big hooks at stage left.

Enjoyed the Pluto and Juno talks, although i think they both deserved an hour each for their talks.

I enjoyed the talks, though i nearly nodded off in the final one !

The exhibits though were for me, a tad disappointing.

There seem to be less and less every year.  Much preferred last years IAS, and there were far more traders there.

Its probably due to the cost and logistics involved for these guys doing it in London.

I may even give it a miss next year, which is a shame. That was my 14th on the trot.

Only popped in for a couple of hours at the end yesterday. Just went to the exhibition given the limited time. I had a very nice chat with David Nagler. Many less exhibitors and they said that it had been a quiet and slow day. Hopefully busier today.

But there are some nice show discounts available.

Edited by GavStar

Just had a wander round and nice to see some of the scopes in the flesh.

Nearly made it out unscathed but bought a televue 8mm plossl on a whim ,ho hum ?

• Like 1

I could not get there again, as I am currently stuck in Singapore, but managed to persuade my sons to go instead. They were impressed with the big toys there, especially the ASA DDM85 on display. Such clever use of technology with a fully integrated package of software. Would work well with the OO ODK16 on show. Just need to save a little more money...

Gordon.

I went yesterday for a few hours... OH NO! Primaluce Labs Eagle 2... no, no, must resist... aaarrrgghh can't.  So didn't.

I blame @swag72 for bigging them up.

Can't wait to try it, though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm on the train on the way home to bathe my credit card in TCP and apply bandages :help:

• Haha 4

On 07/02/2018 at 12:19, DaveS said:

Thanks Helen, now everyone can see my ugly mug :evil4::D.

Where did I mess up? I think it was in re-sizing it?

You could've given us a smile Dave ;) 

28 minutes ago, AKB said:

I went yesterday for a few hours... OH NO! Primaluce Labs Eagle 2... no, no, must resist... aaarrrgghh can't.  So didn't.

I blame @swag72 for bigging them up.

Can't wait to try it, though!

It is very good. I really like the stripped out W10 Enterprise.

I gave in to the Sesto Senso for mine today and had a good chat with Filippo about exactly what is the curious socket near the USB ports but he would only tell me it is for something new which they have planned. Very curious indeed! 

Had a nice little mooch today. Not been before so don't know how it compares. Some nice kit on show. Not sure why, but the Orion Optics VX6 really caught my eye. Such a small package for 6", would go easily on a small mount, very portable.

Prima Luce stuff looked very nice too, as did the tiny Altair Astro 60mm (which would have fitted in my pocket beautifully had the CC been willing :)) and the Skywatcher EvoGuide 50ED.

I also had my first look at Delores, I'm sorry Delites, in the flesh, and they look great, really compact. Future investment there hopefully.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

the Skywatcher EvoGuide 50ED.

That looked really very nice indeed Stu. FPL53 ED glass in a "guide" scope. I think this has more than just one use :thumbright:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RayD said:

That looked really very nice indeed Stu. FPL53 ED glass in a "guide" scope. I think this has more than just one use :thumbright:

Yes, totally agree. Just hope it focuses with a Prism diagonal in it for visual.