Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrofest 2018

Had a good walk around, though I think some exhibitors had smaller stands than before. Astrograph were there showing a Teknosky 203mm achro on a DDM85, plus a heap of bins and various reducers / flatteners. Had a long talk with Rupert about obsy automation, esp with my DDM60, and remote hosting at e-eye.

Bumped into Carole (Carastro) and had a chat about cameras and filters.

Now my feet hurt.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the train on the way home to bathe my credit card in TCP and apply bandages :help:

Lol, so what did you buy?

Met up with quite a few people today, Dave S, Souls, Peter Shah, Daz, MikeP, Gingergeek, RayD and I am sure there were others, plus David and Roger from another forum.  I really went there for a social gathering and to take a look at a few future possibilities.   

Its the longest I have been on my feet since I fractured my knee last year, so pretty kn... exhausted. 

Carole 

2 hours ago, carastro said:

Lol, so what did you buy?

Met up with quite a few people today, Dave S, Souls, Peter Shah, Daz, MikeP, Gingergeek, RayD and I am sure there were others, plus David and Roger from another forum.  I really went there for a social gathering and to take a look at a few future possibilities.   

Its the longest I have been on my feet since I fractured my knee last year, so pretty kn... exhausted. 

Carole 

Good to see you again Carole, always a pleasure.  I bumped in to a few peeps as well, and really nice to put faces to names, very nice people.

I got the Sesto Senso focuser from PrimaLuce to run with my Eagle2, and wow, it's a whizzy and funky piece of kit!  Also got an Oculus from SX :eek:

Could have been worse, I only dribbled on the DDM85 and 10Micron GM2000.

1 minute ago, swag72 said:

Cool :)

It's really very good I have to say.  I really like the fact that the controller is built in to it, so you just connect power and USB to it.  It is really very quick as well, and you can easily adjust the power and speed either using 3 handy presets, or changing custom settings.

Quite impressed at the moment, I have to say.

Also comes with 32 and 64bit ASCOM drivers which I've installed and it works perfectly in SGP.

It really was good seeing Ray, Carole & Peter Shah. 

All that kit under one roof ... i guess i dribbled on a few of those item. Resisted as much as i possibly could so i'm happy to announce i came home with my credit card in tact.

On the other hand, i tried my best to keep Ray away from all them goodies but he was a man on a mission :D

Oh and Peter, what can i say, surprised the hell out of me when he started speaking in my native language. Small world :) 

Hi Folks,

I visited Astrofest for the 2 days.....I enjoyed the talks, I found them to be of a higher standard than previous years.

I met a number of Wycombe Astronomical Society (WAS) members there.

The good news is that the stitching on my pockets prevented access to my Bank Cards.

Had 6 visits to McDonalds for snacks and cold drinks.

We went to China Town for our Friday night evening meal. Plenty of choice.

And thinking I had a brilliant time, I met Daz........ 

In reality it is always nice to meet up with Daz, especially for breakfasts at Lucksall!

For all the poor souls who purchased new equipment, I hope we get clear skies.

Cheers

Adrian

3 hours ago, carastro said:

Surprised me too, sent my head in a spin with both of you at it. 

Carole 

15 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

Oh and Peter, what can i say, surprised the hell out of me when he started speaking in my native language. Small world :) 

Ha  ...yeah surprised myself :eek: haven't spoken in years ....I don't meet many folk out living here in the sticks I can barely speak English let alone anything else ....

It was a back breaking couple of days  but worth the effort ....It was great to chat to like minded enthusiasts. So good to see faces from the forum spent most of the Saturday with Carole and David pottering about drooling over kit.....:thumbright:

3 hours ago, gingergeek said:

It was good to meet Peter Shah and Carole. I'm sure I saw other forum people and certainly recognised regular attendees but the visit was fleeting. People were certainly buying kit but not me...not this time. Clear Skies to all.

great to see you too, loved the chat, not jealous at all :wink2:  Did you order your focuser??

Alas, despite having a tag with my forum name on it the only contact I made was with Carole :hello:.

Admittedly I did spend an innordinate length of time talking to Rupert at the astrograph stand discussing the DDM85 Std vs Basic and the TEC160. I can see some big expenses in the medium future.

5 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Alas, despite having a tag with my forum name on it the only contact I made was with Carole :hello:.

Admittedly I did spend an innordinate length of time talking to Rupert at the astrograph stand discussing the DDM85 Std vs Basic and the TEC160. I can see some big expenses in the medium future.

I was looking out for you Dave but I'm like Mr Magoo so would have needed to pick up your tag to read it (the name was quite small). 

Archived