SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astrofest 2018

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be going on Saturday, but won't be attending the talks.

I think the number of dealers has dropped off because of the high costs and logistics of getting in and out of central london.

I look nothing like my current avatar!! :D

21 hours ago, barkis said:

Doc. Chapman is worth the fee, he is always interesting to listen too.
A vast reservoir of knowledge the man has. Pure Gent he is too.

Completely agree.  What I always find amazing is he gives the talks without any notes in hand, and typically has little to no slides as aide memoire, such is his knowledge of the topic areas. 

Tim Peake was who I was hoping would talk about the ISS etc. 

Only a talk in 1 & another in 3 interest me. Dealers might be worth visiting to browse around. Might that new image-visual scope that was in the news be there?

Want to try out stuff mainly. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, carastro said:

I think there are breaks between the talks, even if only one half way.

So how do we recognise you?

Name badges every-one including Avatar name?

Carole 

hahaha very good question.

I've decided against the talks this year and will only pop in to look around different vendor offerings. I'll be the tallest brown guy among the lot :)

I've met a few people at Astrofest in the past because they recognised me because my Avatar is me, except I've let the grey come through more since the photo.  so those who don;t give a clue from their avatar will have to come and say hello to me. 

Be sure to put your avatar photo on your name badges too.

Carole 

4 minutes ago, carastro said:

I've met a few people at Astrofest in the past because they recognised me because my Avatar is me, except I've let the grey come through more since the photo.  so those who don;t give a clue from their avatar will have to come and say hello to me. 

Be sure to put your avatar photo on your name badges too.

Carole 

Good shout. I'll do just that

24 minutes ago, RayD said:

I will have one of my newly delivered Simplified Astro T-shirts on, so no mistaking me (assuming it fits me and they haven't shrunk it like my Mrs keeps doing with my jeans lately :angel9::thumbright:

20180207_083713.thumb.jpg.a6bdfc6771ffc0d5528e147c969b6401.jpg

That's a mighty fine t-shirt. So people need to look out for a person with Astro Shirt and Astro Shorts (shrunk jeans) on :D Good thing, i've already met you so i know you.

15 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I'll have DaveS on my tag. Unfortunately I mucked up posting a new avatar pic and cannot seem to correct it (Have PM'd Admin). It is supposed to be a mugshot of me in front of my 'scope.

Hahahahaha i hope they fix it before this weekend otherwise i'll be on a lookout for a ghost ;)

34 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I'll have DaveS on my tag. Unfortunately I mucked up posting a new avatar pic and cannot seem to correct it (Have PM'd Admin). It is supposed to be a mugshot of me in front of my 'scope.

Sorted :hello:

Archived