Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

21st century race for space

DaveS

Don't feel too sorry, the New Mexico tax payer will benefit from a significant tourism dividend when it takes off (literally and metaphorically).  Besides at $500,000 per anum it's not really such a burden.

Jim

Good programme, Brian Cox in his element and at his best when he is presenting about matters in which he believes passionately.  For me the salient comments were delivered by the chap from the Jet Propulsion lab. To paraphrase "Now is truly the time for commercial operators to exploit and open up access to low level orbit of the planet; missions to the likes of Mars, due to technical challenge and cost, will most likely remain collaborative between nations."  I don't think I will see a space tourism flight, but my children, I'd be disappointed if they don't.  Definitely worth watching.

Jim

Archived