Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Not a good image

nightfisher

Here is my first image from the 127 Maksutov, its not good in fact its pretty bad, I had loads of issues with the star discovery mount, i feel this was down to me in a large way, i was under the impression i could skip most of the set up and align to just use tracking, also to much cloud about to do a full align, once set to track i could not slew to an object (glad i kept the EQ5)

This is a rubbish single frame best from about 40 frames focus was way of and over exposed had to push wavelets just to try to get some thing from it, i really hope i can do better next time out, maybe in future use the EQ5 for luna imaging and the goto for general observing when there is no moon.

Luna 01.png

Even though i was hooked up to laptop with EOS utility's due to all the mount problems i could not seem to nail the focus seemed to spend the session trying all sorts with the mount, and despite the comments this is one of the worst images i have posted in years, guess i feel a bit deflated as i wanted the first imaging run to be decent.....maybe i should just stick to building and flying multirotors

your being hard on yourself Jules, many of my first shots with new kit have been much worse, this kit we use isn't point and click and there not earth objects and are not the easyist thing to shoot when you think of the distance involved. I'm sure you next shots will be cracking mate.  charl. 

Yes i will get there, guess its just frustrating to go out under fairly good skies wanting to get a nice image and it all goes wrong, going to keep the star discovery for Non Luna nights making use of the Goto to clock up a number of objects viewed and use the EQ5 with drives for proper Luna imaging sessions

Archived