Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Beardy Bob

SW 200pds OTA, rings and dovetail-reduced

This has been sat boxed up in my garage for a couple of years now since moving to a town with lots of trees and light pollution! It's in great condition optically and physically other than a scratch on the outer paintwork that it's had since I got it (see the bottom picture). Comes complete with tube rings as seen on the pictures. Buyer can collect or I can meet at the Kelling Star Party with it as I'm only a few miles down the road. Reduced to £160.

Bob

IMG_20150822_091256084_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150822_091332324.jpg

IMG_20150822_091728781.jpg

Edited by Beardy Bob

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mark Daniels
      Been looking for neat solution to taking small scope abroad using my stuff and not paying out for a dedicated set up. 
      Have a skywatcher finder which with a barlow and 90 * gives good results. I was looking at an Orion mini eq tabletop tripod but hard to get hold of. 
      Play a bit of music in a band and have a few microphone stands so got to work with a hack saw. 
      I used a mic holder as in photo they are about £3 and cut the holder part off and filed flat. Drilled hole through to accept large camera thread (£3 screw bolt)
      this allows shortened micstand to fit to the alt az mount. (Mic stand 15 of ebay. )
      the dovetail was expensive as i wanted green and got from germany £30 with couier the white finder bracket from tring harrisons £6
      so thats £60 but if i went for black dovetail less than £40  seeing i had mic stand already quite a cheap solition
      the stand is very stable and provided the telescope is moved clockwise when rotating freehand the threads stay tight  with the fine controls either direction works well
      overall wiegt is bit over 3 kg and will fit in a standard aluminium camera case 
      hope this if useful 
      Mark👍

• By Lachlan
      Hi everyone, 
      as the title suggests, I've noticed that the RA axis of my HEQ5 pro mount has some give. I don't notice it while the clutch is unlocked, but it's very obvious with a locked RA clutch. Any suggestions on what could be causing it/what adjustments need to be made? 
      Thanks 
    • By Saj_37uk
      Looking for the 2" low profile extension tube that is provided with most of the skywatcher scopes. I have a used 190MN that didn't come with the extension tube and need it to get accurate focus. 

I believe Orion scopes may have one too.
    • By fifeskies
      The weights from my NEQ6 are beginning to look scruffy.
      Is there a good colour match car type spray that anyone would recommend for sprucing them up.
    • By Rhushikesh-Canisminor
      Posting in this forum after too long!
      One of the first attempts at taking photos of the moon.
      All photos taken using skywatcher 90mm refractor with eq2 mount, Nikon DSLR and 2x Barlow here and there.
      No exposure.
      Basic editing in cellphone.
      Thank you! Suggestions highly appreciated!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.