Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Adjustable Sensor Plane

nightster

Would there be a benefit if Astro camera makers could design some tilt adjust into their sensors? I'm doing a lot of research into collimation, field flattness, etc for my new baby RC and it seems like we spends loads of time, money and brainpower on getting everything squared. If there was some simple push pull adjustments on at least 3 of the 4 corners of our sensors inside the camera body adjustable from outside the camera body, I'm thinking that this might make the whole process easier. Instead of tilting spacers, or collimating focusers then having no rotational squareness. If the dam sensors were square with the optics everything else could be cockeyed and it wouldn't really matter except for maybe some non-uniform vignetting.  And its seems that it wouldn't take much adjustment as the light cone isn't getting any smaller at the sensor hence smaller movement make a big change.  Or am I missing something with this though?

Archived