Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC6781

Petergoodhew

5 minutes ago, DAVE AMENDALL said:

Excellent Image. Skilled effort!. Also requires better skies than the UK generally has to offer. Whereabouts in Spain did you achieve this ?. I hope to move house to Gran Canaria before Xmas (before Brexit happens) as I am now retired.......Dave

Thanks Dave.  With the horizon and light pollution I wouldn't even attempt this here in London.  The scope is at Alcalali, which is roughly midway between Valencia and Alicante. I've got pretty dark skies there, and much better access to the lower hemisphere. Gran Canaria would be even better! Good luck escaping Brexit!

Nice - and entirely in broadband! That came as a surprise when I read the details. It's very attractive, Peter, with good calls on the processing.

Olly

Edit. By the way, I have a technique for dealing with those blue haloes while retaining blue stellar cores. It's borderline thuggery :eek: but I'll show it to you to see what you think... 

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

Nice - and entirely in broadband! That came as a surprise when I read the details. It's very attractive, Peter, with good calls on the processing.

Olly

Edit. By the way, I have a technique for dealing with those blue haloes while retaining blue stellar cores. It's borderline thuggery :eek: but I'll show it to you to see what you think... 

Thanks Olly.  Yes I struggled not knowing what to do with the haloes, so it will be great to learn yet more of your cunning processing tricks.

2 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Will you try adding Ha and OIII? I really think they'd work a treat on this.How nice to see a 'new' object, too.

Olly

I hadn't planned to, but given your suggestion I will have a go at doing so. It would be interesting to see what impact that has. I was delighted to see how the NB enhanced the Helix. 

50 minutes ago, Petergoodhew said:

I hadn't planned to, but given your suggestion I will have a go at doing so. It would be interesting to see what impact that has. I was delighted to see how the NB enhanced the Helix. 

My feeling is that you will take this image up by several orders of magnitude.

Olly

Archived