SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS forum 4

mapstar

A single 5 minute exposure of the Milky Way from Suffolk. Canon 80d sigma 10-24mm at 10mm, skywatchers star Adventure. 
It's noisy due to it being a single sub. You can clearly see NGC6383, M6 the Butterfly cluster, M8 the Lagoon Nebula, M20 the Triffid Nebula, M21, M16 the Eagle Nebula, M17 the Omega Nebula, M18, and a hole host of others

37023651691_d4560e25ed_o.jpg

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First attempt at using false colour with Ha, Oiii, Sii. Just got Oiii & Sii filters on Friday, tried following light vortex astronomy tutorials but didn't quite work out.

Nice milky way photo Mark. Looks great.

Elephant Trunk Nebula L.jpg

9 hours ago, Dec said:

First attempt at using false colour with Ha, Oiii, Sii. Just got Oiii & Sii filters on Friday, tried following light vortex astronomy tutorials but didn't quite work out.

Now apply color mask as per these instructions:

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=7751.0

11 hours ago, Dec said:

Thanks Dec. 

I can say the same of your image too. Lovely detail and colour, focus is spot on too ??

Wow Dec, just wow! Incredible image.

Lovely job Mark - you can't beat a nice Milky Way shot, especially when it includes my Brocchi's Cluster :)

Well, one week today and I'll be heading off to Kelling Heath Autumn star party. Hoping this weather picks up a bit before then and storm Aileen moves away.

Wales next weekend for me if things at work pan out right next friday Vicky. 

16 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Lovely job Mark - you can't beat a nice Milky Way shot, especially when it includes my Brocchi's Cluster :)

Well, one week today and I'll be heading off to Kelling Heath Autumn star party. Hoping this weather picks up a bit before then and storm Aileen moves away.

Wales for me next weekend if things at work pan out right Vicky.

Sky was absolutely clear as crystal this morning when I set off for work at 5am. Auriga hanging high above and Orion about halfway to zenith. The devils light bulb is waning well so looking forward to some good skies.

Storms be damned :confused5:

6 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Wales next weekend for me if things at work pan out right next friday Vicky. 

Wales for me next weekend if things at work pan out right Vicky.

Sky was absolutely clear as crystal this morning when I set off for work at 5am. Auriga hanging high above and Orion about halfway to zenith. The devils light bulb is waning well so looking forward to some good skies.

Storms be damned :confused5:

It's great to see Orion again in the pre-dawn sky. The new season is underway and I'm looking forward to spending more time at the eyepiece enjoying the views first hand. Are you heading to Bala again? 

Hope all goes well for Wales Damian and you get some clear sky's. 

I will be joining Vicky at Kelling next Thursday until the Monday. It's going to be a long day next Thursday as I go to London on Tuesday come back on Thursday and set off to Kelling as soon as I get home. Hope the kettle will be on Vicky. 

3 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Thanks Vicky, hope you get some clear skies at Kelling Heath next weekend. 

Looking forward to seeing some great pics from you and Mark and anyone else from Wadas who's attending.

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Thanks Vicky, hope you get some clear skies at Kelling Heath next weekend. 

Looking forward to seeing some great pics from you and Mark and anyone else from Wadas who's attending.

lol don't hold you breath Dec you just might pass out if you waite for me 

4 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

lol don't hold you breath Dec you just might pass out if you waite for me 

Haha, I've seen some of your veil nebula pics Mark, you've taken to your new mount like a duck to water. Took me a month just to figure out which way up my neq6 needed to be :-)

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Haha, I've seen some of your veil nebula pics Mark, you've taken to your new mount like a duck to water. Took me a month just to figure out which way up my neq6 needed to be :-)

That might have been beginners luck. I'm having problems with APT  at the moment. It recognisers my camera but it won't let me do live view or take images 

On 9/11/2017 at 19:07, Mark62 said:

A single 5 minute exposure of the Milky Way from Suffolk. Canon 80d sigma 10-24mm at 10mm, skywatchers star Adventure. 
It's noisy due to it being a single sub. You can clearly see NGC6383, M6 the Butterfly cluster, M8 the Lagoon Nebula, M20 the Triffid Nebula, M21, M16 the Eagle Nebula, M17 the Omega Nebula, M18, and a hole host of others

37023651691_d4560e25ed_o.jpg

Great shot Mark

On 9/11/2017 at 20:38, Dec said:

Looks smashing Dec

Pleasant end to the evening having a quiet half an hour in the back yard with my Equinox 80. Even bagged a new Messier I'm surprised I haven't done before - M15 (NGC 7078) a lovely globular cluster in Pegasus. Pity M2 was too low behind the roofline or I'd have had a go at that one too. M31 The Andromeda Galaxy looking lovely as always. Now it's time for bed.

Forgot to add my total Messier count is now 38/110 :)

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

Pleasant end to the evening having a quiet half an hour in the back yard with my Equinox 80. Even bagged a new Messier I'm surprised I haven't done before - M15 (NGC 7078) a lovely globular cluster in Pegasus. Pity M2 was too low behind the roofline or I'd have had a go at that one too. M31 The Andromeda Galaxy looking lovely as always. Now it's time for bed.

Forgot to add my total Messier count is now 38/110 :)

Very nice Vicky I had a quick 1/2 hour in the garden with the camera but too many street lights done 14/100 messier a fair bit to catch you up but I will get there

Also had a nice session out last night, did a big tour round Andromeda and Cassiopeia and over towards Lyra and everything south. I'm lucky and have a good low horizon to the south a d enjoyed myself immensely. You just can't beat the wild duck cluster. By far the prettiest cluster there is.

Nice to catch a glimpse of the veil neb too using my O3 filter, which also really makes things like the dumbbell pop out. Well worth shelling out for.

Also, still got the club's 5" frac at my house if anyone wants it. Absolutely no intention of using it myself - stupid eq mount and nowhere near enough aperture... I dont mind storing it, it's not in the way etc, but seems a shame for it to sit there doing nothing.

Nice to read you've got out Nick. I have treated myself to a visual OIII filter which I'm hoping to test out during the coming season. Hoping I'll get clear skies whilst I'm down at Kelling Heath next week.

Also on the subject of the society scope, I have got the motor drive for the mount. Nick, unless anyone wants to borrow it beforehand, I'll pass it to you next time I see you so we know everything is together in one place.

Nick can you sort out 

17 hours ago, nicks90 said:

Also had a nice session out last night, did a big tour round Andromeda and Cassiopeia and over towards Lyra and everything south. I'm lucky and have a good low horizon to the south a d enjoyed myself immensely. You just can't beat the wild duck cluster. By far the prettiest cluster there is.

Nice to catch a glimpse of the veil neb too using my O3 filter, which also really makes things like the dumbbell pop out. Well worth shelling out for.

Also, still got the club's 5" frac at my house if anyone wants it. Absolutely no intention of using it myself - stupid eq mount and nowhere near enough aperture... I dont mind storing it, it's not in the way etc, but seems a shame for it to sit there doing nothing.

Can you sort out your membership Nick as I have mailed you a few weeks ago. Cheers 

Archived