Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

My Morpheus 17.5 eyepiece has arrived. After two and a half years since my wife bought it for me I can now say I have the full set of Morpheus eyepieces :blob9: 

093C8EA8-2DF9-40A9-B05E-0B337B7D7D71.jpeg

A6411238-65DB-4647-9798-F69703F6938E.jpeg

DE15F80E-2596-425C-8A8D-8DC8F9E29115.jpeg

769A23F4-E309-4E0D-8675-9A938E28AC3E.jpeg

• Like 4

How come it's taken that long Mark? Have you been waiting for the clouds to clear? 

13 minutes ago, mapstar said:

How come it's taken that long Mark? Have you been waiting for the clouds to clear? 

Haven’t we all Damian lol .

Baader put the full set out for sale in 2015. The problem was they did not have the 17.5mm ready so all the people that bought them then have had to wait for Baader to develop the eyepiece. It’s has now come on the market.

Adele had bought me the full set in 2015 and promised that the 17.5 would be delivered  buy December that year, then January and March 2016. 

We got an email last year saying they could not get it right and the price would have to increase to over £200 . Baader should not have put it on the market until it was ready. 

• Like 1

Bet you're pleased you've got that now, aren't you Mark. Hope we get some clear skies soon.

I've just put my binoviewers up for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested, or knows of anyone who might be :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Bet you're pleased you've got that now, aren't you Mark. Hope we get some clear skies soon.

I've just put my binoviewers up for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested, or knows of anyone who might be :)

I sure am Vicky, yes it would be nice to get some clear sky’s and check the lens out.

• Like 1

Looking clear tonight so fingers crossed! My QHY 163m has finally returned so grabbed some narrowband on IC 443, Jellyfish Nebula, last weekend. The O3 was really faint; possibly the moon was still too bright so I'll try and grab some more over the coming weeks.

25202671397_37d4da5da3_k.jpgIC 443 Jellyfish Nebula Narrowband by Jay Bolt, on Flickr

• Like 2

Had a process of my data from last night and I'm actually pretty happy with the result to say I was limited to short exposures following the dreaded Window's update which it seems may have knocked out my ACSOM drivers for PHD
M81 Bode's Galaxy in the constellation of Ursa Major imaged 09.02.2018
William Optics FLT-110 and Atik 314L monochrome CCD
A total of 135 x 60 second exposures stacked in Deep Sky Stacker and processed in Photoshop CS2

M81 09.02.2018.png

• Like 5

On 05/02/2018 at 15:01, Mark62 said:

My Morpheus 17.5 eyepiece has arrived. After two and a half years since my wife bought it for me I can now say I have the full set of Morpheus eyepieces :blob9:

I got my 9mm yesterday, haven't been waiting 2.5 years for it though.  So clouds this way too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockystar said:

I got my 9mm yesterday, haven't been waiting 2.5 years for it though.  So clouds this way too

I'v has the rest since Christmas 2015 lol 

38 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

I'v has the rest since Christmas 2015 lol 

I know,  it was borrowing one of yours that made me start my own collection :D

I don't think I'll get more than the 3 I have though

• Like 1

BBC4 tonight 9pm

Horizon first then S@N 

Sky looks good tonight shame I'm working tomorrow 

• Like 1

Meanwhile.....thought I’d finally get my guiding up and running properly seen as it’s always all over the place....I’m a bit happier now.....as always thanks to Ryan for having a look and as always pointing out the obvious mistake ???

image.jpg

• Like 1

Speaking of obvious mistakes - finally got round to trying out my new SynScan GOTO handset which I bought before christmas tonight. couldnt figure out why the damn scope was pointing all over the place - it thought Aldeberan was in cancer and the pole star was overhead.. scratched my head for a while before realising i'd put the date in wrong (ie it needed to be in american format) so the mount thought it was the 2nd December! after I ironed out that little wrinkle it worked a treat, i could home in nicely on M44, 34, 35 & 36, even from my light polluted backyard in Normanton! well chuffed! I always thought using GOTO was cheating, but star hopping is a pain in the backside when you cant actually see many stars!!  looking forward to giving it a proper run out soon..

• Like 1

Pleased you've got your guiding sorted Adam, I'm still having issues with mine since the dreaded Windows 10 update...... Hopefully Marc will help me get me up and running again soon.

Nothing wrong with a GoTo mount Ben - we are often battling for time between the clouds and it is not easy star hopping, especially when trying to view from our urban locations. I often use my GoTo when viewing or imaging from home to get on the target quickly and to make the most of the views. However, I do enjoy practicing my star hopping skills when out on a pure visual night out, especially if I'm out with someone like Damian who can teach you so much :)

Despite my best efforts to resolve the problems caused by the Windows 10 update, I have been unable to get either PHD or PHD2 up and running properly again. However, whilst I had the gear set up it would have been a waste not to grab some data on a nice bright target.

M82 The Cigar Galaxy in Ursa Major imaged 12.02.2018
William Optics FLT-110 and Atik 314L monochrome CCD
60 x 60 second exposures

M82 13.02.2018.png

• Like 3

Some great images coming through, great capture of M81 & M82 Vicky. Glad the guidings sorted Adam, have had some trouble with it recently myself.

Finding it good to get out even if we're not getting completely clear skies.

After being an idiot and blowing up my new AZEQ5 mount, finally got it back from FLO. Managed to get 2hrs of Ha and Oiii of the rosette Nebula with my ED80. Didn't use any flat frames as didn't have chance to do them yet.

Sorry won't get to meeting/talk tonight, have to entertain kids over half term.

IMG_5436.JPG

• Like 2

Super image Dec. Nice and clear. Shims you canot make it tonight 

12 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Super image Dec. Nice and clear. Shims you canot make it tonight 

Thanks Mark. Enjoy the talk tonight.

• Like 1

Probably make it through later on guys but will be there. 

Nice to know some of you are getting out. Was it Sutton Bank Dec? 

33 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Probably make it through later on guys but will be there. 

Nice to know some of you are getting out. Was it Sutton Bank Dec? 

Hi Damian, no just at home. Managed to get 3nights in a row with ed80 and narrowband filters this week (Sun-Tues). Was clear each night until about 2ish.

Didnt get loads of data but managed about 2-3hrs each night.

Heres one of the heart Nebula I did on Tuesday only about 1.5hrs data so will probably add more to it next time out.

Have you managed to get out at all?

33E7BCB7-B0E6-4B5F-8388-A1C959C565B2.jpeg

• Like 1

Can't make meeting tonight, just come out of Hospital, don't want to go into detail on here but will let you know next meeting, at the moment though I am unable to drive so dark skies out for the time being ( but not permanent).

40 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Can't make meeting tonight, just come out of Hospital, don't want to go into detail on here but will let you know next meeting, at the moment though I am unable to drive so dark skies out for the time being ( but not permanent).

Get better soon then Eric 

Neil

• Like 1

That don’t sound good Eric. Hopefully your on the mend and we will see you soon. All the best mate 

• Like 1