SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS forum 4

mapstar

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Jupiter and Mars conjunction this morning a stunning sight and worth the freezing temperatures to see. 

I agree Damian. Was out with the dog at 6:30 and it was the brightest I’d seen Mars 

48 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

I agree Damian. Was out with the dog at 6:30 and it was the brightest I’d seen Mars 

6-45 Nice view of Mars in particular, looked a really nice naked eye deep Ruby Red . 

Cracking image Adam, detail is excellent. I love this target, definitely one of my favourites.

Bet it was cold at Winscar last night. I did a bit at home, left kit running all night and it was covered in frost this morning when I packed up.

19 minutes ago, Dec said:

Cracking image Adam, detail is excellent. I love this target, definitely one of my favourites.

Bet it was cold at Winscar last night. I did a bit at home, left kit running all night and it was covered in frost this morning when I packed up.

Yeah I ended up packing up as guide camera and scope had their lenses iced over in the end which was bit of a disappointment but still it was a good night out and as always, had great company :-) I'm hoping to add some Ha to it the next time that its clear (fingers crossed thats sometime relatively soon)

With the last 2 clear nights I've managed to gather quite a lot of data on NGC1893 and IC410 the tadpole nebula. Heres my attempt at combining 25nr each of 600s of HA, Sii and Oiii (about 12.5hrs in total).

NGC1893.jpg

Thanks guys,

haha Ben no Hubble just lucky this object works very well in Ha and is very high in the sky at present. The tadpoles are present even in the original subs. The processing took me a few hours. I followed a few online tutorials but was mostly just a case of trial and error (mostly error ?). 

On 1/9/2018 at 19:21, Dec said:

Thanks guys,

haha Ben no Hubble just lucky this object works very well in Ha and is very high in the sky at present. The tadpoles are present even in the original subs. The processing took me a few hours. I followed a few online tutorials but was mostly just a case of trial and error (mostly error ?). 

Dec, that is outstanding mate.

eric

Archived