Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Heading out to Winscar tonight if anyone is out? Ill be heading over around 7 ish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ryan P said:

Heading out to Winscar tonight if anyone is out? Ill be heading over around 7 ish.

Would have joined you Ryan but just read it now

eric

Jupiter and Mars conjunction this morning a stunning sight and worth the freezing temperatures to see. 

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Jupiter and Mars conjunction this morning a stunning sight and worth the freezing temperatures to see. 

I agree Damian. Was out with the dog at 6:30 and it was the brightest I’d seen Mars 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

I agree Damian. Was out with the dog at 6:30 and it was the brightest I’d seen Mars 

6-45 Nice view of Mars in particular, looked a really nice naked eye deep Ruby Red . 

• Like 1

Cracking image Adam, detail is excellent. I love this target, definitely one of my favourites.

Bet it was cold at Winscar last night. I did a bit at home, left kit running all night and it was covered in frost this morning when I packed up.

19 minutes ago, Dec said:

Cracking image Adam, detail is excellent. I love this target, definitely one of my favourites.

Bet it was cold at Winscar last night. I did a bit at home, left kit running all night and it was covered in frost this morning when I packed up.

Yeah I ended up packing up as guide camera and scope had their lenses iced over in the end which was bit of a disappointment but still it was a good night out and as always, had great company :-) I'm hoping to add some Ha to it the next time that its clear (fingers crossed thats sometime relatively soon)

Nice one Adam. Really coming along with that imaging malarkey :thumbright:

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Nice one Adam. Really coming along with that imaging malarkey :thumbright:

Cheers pal!! yeah i am starting to feel a bit more confident with it all, always learning obviously but getting better :-)

14 hours ago, adam_sage said:

So last night was incredibly cold with everything completely icing over, but managed to get my first shot of rosette nebula :-) 7B868031-B1EC-4D07-AF65-DFD716DEECA4.tiff

94548EE5-02B6-462F-A4AF-307F9093BC94.jpeg

rosettePS2.jpg

Lovely image Adam, really nice colour and detail in there, well done.

eric 

With the last 2 clear nights I've managed to gather quite a lot of data on NGC1893 and IC410 the tadpole nebula. Heres my attempt at combining 25nr each of 600s of HA, Sii and Oiii (about 12.5hrs in total).

NGC1893.jpg

• Like 7

Looks super it looks super Dec . Lots of detail in the Nebula clouds and really sharp well done 

Thanks guys,

haha Ben no Hubble just lucky this object works very well in Ha and is very high in the sky at present. The tadpoles are present even in the original subs. The processing took me a few hours. I followed a few online tutorials but was mostly just a case of trial and error (mostly error ?). 

• Like 1

Some stonking images coming through from you guys of late. I just can't seem to combine being off work with good clear nights. :hmh:

• Like 2

On 1/9/2018 at 19:21, Dec said:

Thanks guys,

haha Ben no Hubble just lucky this object works very well in Ha and is very high in the sky at present. The tadpoles are present even in the original subs. The processing took me a few hours. I followed a few online tutorials but was mostly just a case of trial and error (mostly error ?). 

Dec, that is outstanding mate.

eric

Thanks Eric, hopefully we'll get out to winscar or Sutton bank soon.

• Like 1

I hit Rosette last Sunday night too - whole scope froze over apart from the mirrors (thank God for heater straps). Sensor hit -10c at 3am!!

mWnZvV7S57ek_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

Higher resolution on Astrobin

• Like 4

On 1/12/2018 at 14:02, UKJay1971 said:

I hit Rosette last Sunday night too - whole scope froze over apart from the mirrors (thank God for heater straps). Sensor hit -10c at 3am!!

mWnZvV7S57ek_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

Higher resolution on Astrobin

lovely shot , great detail

Edited by 2STAR