Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS forum 4

mapstar

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Sorry to hear about the cancellation Matt. 

I managed about 5 hours out altogether last night but I've never seen so much dew!!! 

Lots of moisture in the air and the high cloud just made things difficult.

At least you got out Damian I have now got a new street light right in where I set up not worth going out until council do something with it.

17 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

At least you got out Damian I have now got a new street light right in where I set up not worth going out until council do something with it.

I have 3 led streetlights in my field of view east south and west might see the council if they will install some switches so I can turn them off and back on again when I have finished ?

2 minutes ago, gtis said:

I have 3 led streetlights in my field of view east south and west might see the council if they will install some switches so I can turn them off and back on again when I have finished ?

I`m waiting to see what they do hopefully put a shroud on it.

20170925_195512.jpg

1 hour ago, gtis said:

Good luck with that one lol 

3 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Thete were no street lights for miles whete I set up Paul but the light scatter feom the big light domes of middlesborough and the vale of york made the sky a little like the ones at the cotterless PSP.

I could see the milkyway down to abput 20° above the horizon which was good given the conditions.

I'm convinced that we can reduce the number of street lights by a half without any adverse affects, saving the money, the planet and keeping us night birds happy.

This is what my sky looks like

Cygnus00001.TIF

Stacked an cleaned up a bit, i can just about convince myself there is some milky way in there:

Cygnus_Processed2.Tiff

5 hours ago, gtis said:

That is bad

That is bad, my next door but one neighbor have just got a dog and they let it out  a few times at the moment with it being a puppy i supose, which triggers the floodlight. nuisance at moment haha, but otherwise, I am in a good spot as just a low glow from Ossett Center to the West and slight glow from Wakefield to the North East, so overall not bad at all/

Eric

Where i am at Royston, despite being about 7 miles from wakefield town centre it seems most of my light pollution is from Wakefield, my northern sky is much worse than my southern sky usually and for that reason i dont normally observe much in the northern sky. Wakefield needs to improve there street lights!

On 9/30/2017 at 20:17, Marci said:

Eh? it’s only 8.15pm... how can it have cleared Ossett at 11pm? Have you been discovering a Time Machine and not telling us fella?

Perhaps due to this post appearing repeatedly I got the date wrong, or maybe I do have a time machine, dont bet against it ha ha 

On 9/30/2017 at 21:01, astrotyke said:

Where i am at Royston, despite being about 7 miles from wakefield town centre it seems most of my light pollution is from Wakefield, my northern sky is much worse than my southern sky usually and for that reason i dont normally observe much in the northern sky. Wakefield needs to improve there street lights!

My Northern view is really good, no pollution to cause problems

Archived