Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS forum 4

mapstar

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Ryan P said:

I am heading up Winscar tonight. Setting off shortly. Just giving everyone a heads up ?

High cloud moving in from the south west up there buddy. I thought about it but set up on the patio instead. 

10 hours ago, mapstar said:

High cloud moving in from the south west up there buddy. I thought about it but set up on the patio instead. 

Let the scope cool for an hour went to set up and all the high cloud had arrived. Another clouded out new moon :confused5:

Got out for a few hours at home on Tuesday night. Was initially hoping to target M81 but the high cloud and LP was washing everything out. So in the end I decided on something a bit brighter and high in the sky so had a go at NGC 869 one part of the double cluster.

This is 24nr x 180s Lum and 8 x 180s of each of RGB. Not overly happy with the resolution but good to get out for a few hours.

Part Of Double Cluster NGC869.jpg

On 9/21/2017 at 09:22, Dec said:

Got out for a few hours at home on Tuesday night. Was initially hoping to target M81 but the high cloud and LP was washing everything out. So in the end I decided on something a bit brighter and high in the sky so had a go at NGC 869 one part of the double cluster.

This is 24nr x 180s Lum and 8 x 180s of each of RGB. Not overly happy with the resolution but good to get out for a few hours.

Part Of Double Cluster NGC869.jpg

Excellent Dec, stars look great around edges.

Nice images Dec and Jay!!! Great to see so many wonderful images on the forum.

The result of one of my imaging sessions from Kelling Heath Autumn Equinox star party
NGC 7635 The Bubble Nebula in Cassiopeia
Imaged using Atik 314L monochrome CCD camera and William Optics FLT-110 refractor on NEQ6 Pro SynScan mount
10 x 300 second subs in H-alpha

Bubble Nebula 20.09.2017.png

33 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Lovely image Vicky. It was nice to get such a clear sky as we did on Thursday night. Going to bed at 6:45 am after observing all night was fun 

We had a really good time of it really - can't complain to be able to get out and do something for 4 nights in a row, even if Friday night was just a bit of messing about with the DSLR's. Stopping up all night under such a clear dark sky is always a treat. A star party to be remembered - especially that view of M76 through the 20" Dob!

This is the second of my images from my time at Kelling Heath which I set running whilst I was doing some visual observing. Didn't get too far with this one as I had software issues and didn't get imaging until the early hours of the morning around 4am! Dawn arrived before I had chance to get any colour data. Struggled getting the detail out as I didn't want to over cook the processing. Will probably have another look at it with fresh eyes at some point. Anyway, I'm happy with it for now and it's the first real go I've had at this target.
M33 The Triangulum Galaxy 22.09.2017
Atik 314L and William Optics FLT-110
10 x 60 seconds and 10 x 120 seconds Luminance filter only

M33 The Triangulum Galaxy 22.09.2017.png

5 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

We had a really good time of it really - can't complain to be able to get out and do something for 4 nights in a row, even if Friday night was just a bit of messing about with the DSLR's. Stopping up all night under such a clear dark sky is always a treat. A star party to be remembered - especially that view of M76 through the 20" Dob!

This is the second of my images from my time at Kelling Heath which I set running whilst I was doing some visual observing. Didn't get too far with this one as I had software issues and didn't get imaging until the early hours of the morning around 4am! Dawn arrived before I had chance to get any colour data. Struggled getting the detail out as I didn't want to over cook the processing. Will probably have another look at it with fresh eyes at some point. Anyway, I'm happy with it for now and it's the first real go I've had at this target.
M33 The Triangulum Galaxy 22.09.2017
Atik 314L and William Optics FLT-110
10 x 60 seconds and 10 x 120 seconds Luminance filter only

M33 The Triangulum Galaxy 22.09.2017.png

Vicky, this is one of my favourite Galaxies, it is a really good capture you have made,  looks really natural also and not blinged up !! 

Archived