Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_inspirational_skies.thumb.jpg.a20cdbfeadc049807f6d78e6c00ee900.jpg

Well you did well Vicky, nearly a quarter of 2018 gone and the skies have been terrible, even a clear sky with a 100% Moon will do me now !!!

eric

• Like 1

Skys have been pants this year, im still considering selling my astro gear, hardly use it these days

• Like 1

7 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Skys have been pants this year, im still considering selling my astro gear, hardly use it these days

Well it's sod law!!!!!, tonight has been in comparison not bad, but i couldn't get out, I am sticking with it due to the couple of decent nights we may get at home this year,

Winscar/SuttonBank etc are off the Radar for me this year in any case.

eric 

Well, I've been out this evening - Nandos & cinema - only to return home to a lovely clear sky, which is absolutely typical! But it's proper freezing outside.

Tomb Raider was pretty good :)

• Like 2

Hi all

SGL have this weekend set up our very own club section. With us being one of the most active groups on the forum the admin want us to try it first. 

It can be found here:-

WADAS club section

Please feel free to contribute with discussions, Events and Images 

Many thanks 

Damian 

On 3/19/2018 at 16:06, 2STAR said:

Well you did well Vicky, nearly a quarter of 2018 gone and the skies have been terrible, even a clear sky with a 100% Moon will do me now !!!

eric

Last night, set up at 2030hrs, Camera 'jam' within 5 mins, freezing up on exposure, messed about, turned everything off , re-alignment etc, worked for 5 mins then stuck again on taking image, went inside , uninstalled the new Atik Version, reinstalled previous, went back out, set up again, working ok, by now my 2 alignment stars  were not visible, cloud cover came in and I packed up at 2200hrs, nothing to show for 1.30 mins !!.

eric 

24 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Last night, set up at 2030hrs, Camera 'jam' within 5 mins, freezing up on exposure, messed about, turned everything off , re-alignment etc, worked for 5 mins then stuck again on taking image, went inside , uninstalled the new Atik Version, reinstalled previous, went back out, set up again, working ok, by now my 2 alignment stars  were not visible, cloud cover came in and I packed up at 2200hrs, nothing to show for 1.30 mins !!.

eric 

Gutted for you Eric. Frustrating when you end up losing the little clear sky that we have got recently. 

I have been quiet on here this last week, but see Damian's post above regarding the new WADAS Club Section. I believe that is where we are continuing our thread. Damian will correct me if I'm wrong :)

Posted (edited)

Agreed Vicky we can make use of it now that its up and running.

If you go to your profile and then activity it will show in there as it seems to be easiest way to find it :thumbright:

Edited by mapstar

On 3/26/2018 at 10:40, Vicky050373 said:

Gutted for you Eric. Frustrating when you end up losing the little clear sky that we have got recently. 

I have been quiet on here this last week, but see Damian's post above regarding the new WADAS Club Section. I believe that is where we are continuing our thread. Damian will correct me if I'm wrong :)

Faith restored, out last night, 93% Moon, high cloud, but few gaps, everything went smoothly, no hiccups, aligned on Polaris & Arcturus, spot on middle of screen, clouds getting worse went straight to M3 (New one for me) on screen, set exp to 6 secs, stacked, less than a minute later full cloud cover but at least an image, didn't bother to record just grabbed a screenshot.

M3X.JPG

• Like 2