SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS forum 4

mapstar

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who need their WADAS website login details sending out to them (@2STAR, @Installer) ... just go here and enter your email address then click the 'Reset Password' button - your username and password will then be sent to you: https://wakefieldastronomysociety.co.uk/membership-login/password-reset/

To change your new password to something more memorable, head to: https://wakefieldastronomysociety.co.uk/edit-profile/ and click the "Account Details" link.

19 hours ago, Marci said:

For those who need their WADAS website login details sending out to them (@2STAR, @Installer) ... just go here and enter your email address then click the 'Reset Password' button - your username and password will then be sent to you: https://wakefieldastronomysociety.co.uk/membership-login/password-reset/

To change your new password to something more memorable, head to: https://wakefieldastronomysociety.co.uk/edit-profile/ and click the "Account Details" link.

Chees Marc

Hi All,

Anyone fancy a trip to Sutton Bank tonight. I’m meeting Eric at Wetherby Services at 5pm. The forecast looks good.

The address of where we are going is Bungdale Head Campsite, Scawton, nr Thirsk YO7 2HH if you want to meet us there. As its a campsite its £5 per car but its very safe (and dark) and there’s toilet facilities etc.

Cheers Dec.

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Hi All,

Anyone fancy a trip to Sutton Bank tonight. I’m meeting Eric at Wetherby Services at 5pm. The forecast looks good.

The address of where we are going is Bungdale Head Campsite, Scawton, nr Thirsk YO7 2HH if you want to meet us there. As its a campsite its £5 per car but its very safe (and dark) and there’s toilet facilities etc.

Cheers Dec.

At present I have 50% cloud over me with some nice clearings

Forecast changed slightly from yesterday as it was showing 50% cloud on met check. BBC/Met office has it clear and Met check for helmsley:-

image.thumb.png.34ea87660cf1d00d81351faf7dc92736.png

Hmmmm as always conflicting. I've made other plans but if they change I may have a ride up and join you 

6 hours ago, Marci said:

MeteoEarth shows it clouding out completely at 12.55... patchy thin cloud coming over from 8.45pm: http://www.meteoearth.com/#/,-1.35,54.23,254.78,8,1,1,0,0,0,time=1516469880
Good luck!

Spot on Marci. Atmosphere was loaded with moisture and the views weren't up to much tbh. Dec, Adam and Eric were struggling with the imaging lark.

By 10pm the thin high cloud was giving way to thicker stuff moving in from the west. 

I struggled to view most things. We all set up on 2" of snow. It was well cold on the feet. 

Hope everyone got home safely. The roads were really treacherous. 

12 hours ago, mapstar said:

Spot on Marci. Atmosphere was loaded with moisture and the views weren't up to much tbh. Dec, Adam and Eric were struggling with the imaging lark.

By 10pm the thin high cloud was giving way to thicker stuff moving in from the west. 

I struggled to view most things. We all set up on 2" of snow. It was well cold on the feet. 

Hope everyone got home safely. The roads were really treacherous. 

Actually it was 6" of snow around my car Damian, and the roads were a bit hairy haha

It was a dodgy trip especially coming back, plenty of stars on show but it got a bit 'Milky' after an hour or so with moisture creeping in and clouds on the horizon , I managed a close up shot of the HH 128 secs total, Evo 9.25 atik infinity FR 6.3, wonder how close it would have looked without the FR haha

HHSUTTONDD.JPG

49 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

It was a dodgy trip especially coming back, plenty of stars on show but it got a bit 'Milky' after an hour or so with moisture creeping in and clouds on the horizon , I managed a close up shot of the HH 128 secs total, Evo 9.25 atik infinity FR 6.3, wonder how close it would have looked without the FR haha

HHSUTTONDD.JPG

Nice one Eric 

50 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

HHSUTTONDD.JPG

That’s a beauty Eric. Looked great on your laptop last night. You did well to get such a clear pic.

The conditions were tough, loads of stars out but air was full of moisture, guide stars were jumping about erratically. I found it difficult to keep my guiding stable.

Nevertheless was good to get out. Hopefully skies clear a bit in the next few weeks.

59 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Actually it was 6" of snow around my car Damian, and the roads were a bit hairy haha

:laughing4: the dob must've sat on top of it as it wasn't past the bottom of the rocker.

Mind you using a scraper to get it off when I lifted it was a novelty :grin:

19 hours ago, Dec said:

That’s a beauty Eric. Looked great on your laptop last night. You did well to get such a clear pic.

The conditions were tough, loads of stars out but air was full of moisture, guide stars were jumping about erratically. I found it difficult to keep my guiding stable.

Nevertheless was good to get out. Hopefully skies clear a bit in the next few weeks.

Fingers crossed Dec, any opportunity and it's kit at the ready !!!

19 hours ago, mapstar said:

:laughing4: the dob must've sat on top of it as it wasn't past the bottom of the rocker.

Mind you using a scraper to get it off when I lifted it was a novelty :grin:

Well I saw 2" of snow at least you were scraping off lol 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

FYI every one. BBC One tonight @ 9:00pm Wounders of the Moon 

Thanks Mark - I've set it to record. It's been very quiet on here recently, but we've not really had good skies. It looked promising the other night, but the moon was bright and it clouded over very quickly.

3 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Thanks Mark - I've set it to record. It's been very quiet on here recently, but we've not really had good skies. It looked promising the other night, but the moon was bright and it clouded over very quickly.

To be fair Vicky it’s been quite everywhere. This weather is killing us I’m just glad I can get out with the camera through the day or I’d be going mad. 

Iv got some images to process today from a trip to Adel Dam yesterday 

On 31/01/2018 at 08:47, Mark62 said:

To be fair Vicky it’s been quite everywhere. This weather is killing us I’m just glad I can get out with the camera through the day or I’d be going mad. 

Iv got some images to process today from a trip to Adel Dam yesterday 

I hardly come on here now, plus the weather is rubbish, not used my scope for a long time now, may as well sell it 

7 hours ago, astrotyke said:

I hardly come on here now, plus the weather is rubbish, not used my scope for a long time now, may as well sell it 

Stop moaning. You will never sell the scope you like us too much lol 

Archived