Narrowband

Starlight xpress Ultrastar C

greealilee

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you've started off in exactly the right direction.  What sort of help do you need?  Perhaps post some examples of your current images and we can see where to go from there... perhaps you are better than the rest of us already!

There's a Colour space selector on the Exposure Control tab... if you have that set to Mono it would do this.

I'm also seeing a few trailing bad pixels, so checking the defective pixel removal box in Stacking may help with this.

In the colour space selector, what do the other 2 option mean CYGM and RGGB. Which one should be chosen for colour. This was my first image and I was so happy with what I saw I quickly saved the image so I could wake the wife up and show what I had achieved at 1am in the morning.

That's great thanks, just need some clear sky and lets see how we go. Do you think that your hyperstar was worth the investment for what you gain in speed. And would like to see some of your images that you have taken with the Ultrastar!

All the mono pictures in my gallery to date are taken with the Ultrastar, a couple of them with the Hyperstar and some with the Quattro.  Some are Starlight Live screen captures, some post-processed.

https://stargazerslounge.com/profile/41979-akb/?do=content&type=gallery_image&change_section=1

The Hyperstar is rather new, so I've not had enough experience of it, but there's a couple in white-light at 30 minutes total exposure (Eastern Veil, Cygnus Wall) which are encouraging in terms of both speed and quality.  I was also pleased with recent snaps of asteroid Florence, albeit through cloud...

Archived