Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

white glare when camera is attached to telescope

Hi Guys,

When I attach the camera to the telescope I get a white circle glare in the shape of the reflecting front mirror and its supports (see pics attached from the camera worse in some photos and you should see what I mean). Simply put my question is how to stop this, I notice it occurs during day time more prominently, is this normal and it;s just to bright or something for the camera? or is it something in the settings., all the details of my setup are below. Also without the camera looking through the eyepieces it is fine. Note I have just started astrophotography a few hour ago, so guess I am quite new to it, and its my first time using a non smartphone camera (took me 2 hours to take first picture due to learning I have to change the setting to allow pictures with lens off!). 

Photos attached:

Moon ~8pm 27/08/2017, from south UK (sun setting still a reasonably light). darker photo is with quicker shutter speed and have less glare but is still there. 

Setup

Skywatcher 130 https://www.jessops.com/p/skywatcher/explorer-130-eq2-telescope-89841

CANNON EOS M

T2 adapter Solomark Universal 1.25 Inch Telescope Camera T 2 Adapter

T-Mount Adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DOAQ48A/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1

So EOS M then T-mount Adaptor then T2 Adaptor then *2 barrow lens then Skywatcher 130...

IMG_0735.thumb.JPG.821d4a5f394b66e91429cd9f51fe1d54.JPGIMG_0697.thumb.JPG.54fecc93572a63b9fb53bccd87b1ba46.JPG

So been doing some more photos as its a bit darker and the better. another question I have is can you attach the lens in system before the camera?? as it looks better through my 10 mm scope than through the camera with just the barrow lens when looking at Saturn.

I have tired to connect the lens first but it dose not fit.... so what parts do I need?

My moon and Saturn pictures attached.

IMG_0783.thumb.JPG.a38b24d7cfff79ab4ad7fb157e518b03.JPG

IMG_0776.JPG

Welcome to sgl.  Nice start.

You can shoot with your lens attached by holding your dslr in front of the eyepiece and moving the camera closer or away from the eyepiece to get it in focus,  that's called afocal photography.  i don't know if there is an adapter to hold a dslr in front of the focuser,  but i know that there are some adapters that hold mobile phones. 

As for the circular reflection i can't be if much help,  but i'm sure others will help. 

I think the first task needed is to collimate the scope then try again and post the results.  I have found that my skywatcher 130M doesn't travel well and requires frequent collimation.

Look forward to seeing your progress in astrophotography.

Be prepared for frustration in this journey.  It can be infuriating at times but the end results are worth it.

Dave...

Archived