SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Totality from Grand Teton US

Well, the eclipse is already almost a week ago and I had the time to start processing the data. Somehow I succeeded in getting exactly the image as I wanted it. I'm really happy with this result...

This image shows the totality phase from start to end, about 2 minutes 16s caught in one image. The images were taken with a Nikon D810a with a Nikon 300mm f/4 lens and a Nikon D5100 with a Nikon 70-200 f/4 lens on a Skywatcher Star Adventure mount. 

The central image is a HDR composition consisting of 8 images taken during totality.

36839723305_b39420a842_c.jpg
Totality Eclipse 2017 Grand Teton by Andre van der Hoeven, on Flickr

Wow, great images.

I was further down the road near to Togwote mountain lodge on Highway 26.    What a great event !!!    I found it hard to guess what the exposure was going to be for Totality as opposed to taking the partial phases through the solar filter......    I promised myself I would soak up the atmosphere and not get too distracted with instrumentation and faffing, and thats what I did..... maybe next time for the multiple gear rigs.

Sean.

I used the solar eclipse maestro software to calculate the exposures for me. All imaging was done fully automatically during totality. So I didn't care about the cameras at all (except taking off and putting on the filters) and enjoyed the visual show a lot :)

Archived