SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

cannot update 'Distro Astro' - help please!!

RT65CB-SWL

Hi all. I have been off-line for a few weeks, but lurking here and there whilst I re-install and setup my laptop(s).

So to the question... after purchasing and installing a larger capacity HDD, re-partitioning, I used G-Parted and re-installed MS-Windows, Distro Astro & BackBox, I cannot update Distro Astro - (see screenshot below) - any ideas from those of you who use Linux.

Screenshot.thumb.png.dc11addf344387c59dcaea2b9b31e30c.png

BTW - MS-Windows and BackBox updated ok.

10 hours ago, Philip R said:

I cannot update Distro Astro - (see screenshot below) - any ideas from those of you who use Linux.

Looks like the website has crashed as well, only the front page shows (prob cos it is in a cache somewhere) the rest of the links fail.

A forced reload from source fails on the home page :-  "Network Timeout : The operation timed out when attempting to contact www.distroastro.org. "

Thank you @SilverAstro.

From what I have seen... Distro Astro appears to be no more and ceased to exist. I think it was originally developed in Indonesia. I did manage to contact Bamm via email when I downloaded my first edition and he was very friendly and helpful when I got stuck during an install on an old laptop.

I have managed to download an .iso of Distro Astro 3.0.2, (I believe this was the last release), from an Australian astronomy forum. I have also downloaded an .iso of Ubuntu Astronomy 16.04 from SourceForge.net

I will keep coming back here to this post, just in case fellow member @steppenwolf  has any ideas/suggestions. I think he was the GB/UK distributor/host, but don't quote me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/08/2017 at 08:39, Philip R said:

I will keep coming back here to this post, just in case fellow member @steppenwolf  has any ideas/suggestions. I think he was the GB/UK distributor/host, but don't quote me.

Not me, I'm afraid I have no connection with or knowledge of this software.

Archived